We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

how to add icon in e-menu-item

Hi, 

I need help in adding icon on top of the text of my e-menu-item. currently, the menu bar just showing text only. 
Need to add icon on top of the text "ADMINISTRATION" and "SECURITY". Below are my code.

<e-menu-item text="ADMINISTRATION" url="" >
            <e-menu-child-items>
                <e-menu-child-item text="Pharmacy" url=""></e-menu-child-item>
                <e-menu-child-item text="General Consultation" url=""></e-menu-child-item>
                <e-menu-child-item text="Orders" url=""></e-menu-child-item>
                <e-menu-child-item text="Wellness" url=""></e-menu-child-item>
                <e-menu-child-item text="Master" url=""></e-menu-child-item>
                <e-menu-child-item text="Support Systems" url=""></e-menu-child-item>
            </e-menu-child-items>
        </e-menu-item>
        <e-menu-item text="SECURITY" url="">
            <e-menu-child-items>
                <e-menu-child-item text="Group" url=""></e-menu-child-item>
                <e-menu-child-item text="Role" url=""></e-menu-child-item>
            </e-menu-child-items>
        </e-menu-item>

3 Replies

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team July 18, 2017 05:29 AM UTC

Hi Muhammad,   

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement. Please refer to the given link    

We suggest you to use spriteCssClass property to add icon to menu item as shown below   
<e-menu-item text="ADMINISTRATION" url="" sprite-css-class="e-icon e-home" >   
            <e-menu-child-items>   
                <e-menu-child-item text="Pharmacy" url="" sprite-css-class="e-icon e-filter"></e-menu-child-item>   
                <e-menu-child-item text="General Consultation" url=""  sprite-css-class="e-icon e-info"></e-menu-child-item>   
                <e-menu-child-item text="Orders" url=""  sprite-css-class="e-icon e-document"></e-menu-child-item>   
                <e-menu-child-item text="Wellness" url=""   sprite-css-class="e-icon e-checkmark"></e-menu-child-item>   
                <e-menu-child-item text="Master" url="" sprite-css-class="e-icon e-user"></e-menu-child-item>   
                <e-menu-child-item text="Support Systems" url="" sprite-css-class="e-icon e-volume-up"></e-menu-child-item>   
            </e-menu-child-items>   
        </e-menu-item>   

Check the list of available “ej-icons” from the following link   

We can also use imageUrl field to add an image in menu item.    

Regards,   
Keerthana.   

AF afiqdoherty July 18, 2017 06:59 AM UTC

Thanks for the answer, it works using the existing icon.

can you show me how to put image in the menu? let say if i already has an icon image to put.

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team July 19, 2017 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Muhammad,   

We suggest to use imageUrl field to add image icon in menu item by passing the path of image in this property. Please refer the code snipper   

<e-menu-item text="SECURITY" url=""  image-url="../images/dark-arrow2.png">   
            <e-menu-child-items>   
                <e-menu-child-item text="Group" url="" sprite-css-class="e-icon e-circle"></e-menu-child-item>   
                <e-menu-child-item text="Role" url="" sprite-css-class="e-icon e-th"></e-menu-child-item>   
            </e-menu-child-items>   
        </e-menu-item>   

We have modified a sample based on this. Please refer to the given link   

Regards,   
Keerthana.   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon