We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

how to edit the whole records(rows) in the grid

Hi, I have a question about the grid. Is there a solution or code for make all the rows of the grid editable? Suppose that there are 14 rows of the grid (4 editable fields per row). I want all rows in edit mode already, make changes and then do a bulk Save. Usability wise, the SF editable grid is cumbersome because I have to click the Edit button in order to edit a row. And for each edited row, I then have to click the Save button. That is a lot of clicking. Well, that is really slow and cumbersome to do. I know there are other editable grids in GitHub that can do this. Is this possible? Thank you. Kind Regards

1 Reply

FS Farveen Sulthana Thameeztheen Basha Syncfusion Team July 18, 2017 04:34 PM UTC

Hi Dongil, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

Query :- I want all rows in edit mode already, make changes and then do a bulk Save. 

We have analyzed your query and you are expected like Excel type of Editing in Grid.  For this purpose Syncfusion has the support of editing known as “Batch editing”. In Batch Editing, it make all of the cells to be in editable state when we click on the cell.  To enable Batch editing, you need to set “EditMode” as “Batch”. Like Excel editing ,  you can navigate over the cell  by using keyboard navigation(using Tab key) without clicking the edit button always. 

Please refer to the code example and Help document link:- 

@(Html.EJ().Grid<Object>("FlatGrid") 
            .Datasource((IEnumerable<object>)ViewBag.DataSource) 
            .AllowPaging() 
            .EditSettings(edit => { edit.AllowAdding().AllowDeleting().AllowEditing().EditMode(EditMode.Batch); }) 
            .Columns(col => 
               { 
                   col.Field("OrderID").HeaderText("Order ID").IsPrimaryKey(true).TextAlign(TextAlign.Right).Add(); 
                  .  .  . 

})) 

If you want to perform Server side CRUD operations in Batch editMode, you can use the property “BatchURL”. Please refer to the Help document and Online Demo Link:- 

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 

Farveen sulthana T 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon