We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Time delay

Hi     
     I am using your gauges: digital, circular and linear. When I add new max and min(max for example from 10 to 5000) data digitalgauge and circulargauge are working correct, but when I use SFLinearGauge I must wait a long time(around 4-5seconds) and use very huge RAM size(sometimes 700MB) 
     How can I fix it?     
     Code for example:                
_sfLinearGauge.SfLinearGauge.MainScale.Minimum = min;     //from 0 to 0                                    
_sfLinearGauge.SfLinearGauge.MainScale.Maximum = max;     //from 10 to 5000                               
_sfLinearGauge.SfLinearGauge.MainScale.Interval = step;          //from 1 to 500

4 Replies

AK Ashwin Kumaravel Syncfusion Team July 17, 2017 12:57 PM UTC

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products,

Currently we are validating on this, we will let you know the details shortly.

Regards,
Ashwin

AK Ashwin Kumaravel Syncfusion Team July 18, 2017 08:50 AM UTC

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products,

We could reproduce the reported issue “Time delay in loading SfLinearGauge” at our end. And we have logged a defect report regarding the same. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/  

Regards,
Ashwin

JO John replied to Oleg February 22, 2019 03:34 AM UTC

Hi     
     I am using your gauges: digital, circular and linear. When I add new max and min(max for example from 10 to 5000) data digitalgauge and circulargauge are working correct, but when I use SFLinearGauge I must wait a long time(around 4-5seconds) and use very huge RAM size(sometimes 700MB) 
     How can I fix it?     
     Code for example:                
_sfLinearGauge.SfLinearGauge.MainScale.Minimum = min;     //from 0 to 0                                    
_sfLinearGauge.SfLinearGauge.MainScale.Maximum = max;     //from 10 to 5000                               
_sfLinearGauge.SfLinearGauge.MainScale.Interval = step;          //from 1 to 500

I know its almost 2 years, but the problem still exists, its because when you set Maximum while Interval is 1, the code is trying to generate 5000 major ticks(not including minors). To solve this issue, you must set Interval first to 500 then Maximum to 5000, which will only have 10 major ticks. I think it may work.

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team February 22, 2019 07:28 AM UTC

Hi Xmen, 

We would like to inform you that if you have given small number interval with large maximum value, obviously major ticks calculation and rendering will take time.  

As you said in your update, you can resolve this by setting large interval value. It will reduce the major ticks calculation and rendering time.  

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon