We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfRichTextBoxAdv Problem with Word Page Break?

Hi,

When I load my word document into this control, I only have one page, but I am supposed to have two pages like when I opened it with Word.
Did you have a solution about this ?
It would really help me with my current projet.

Regards,
Charles

Attachment: test_925a7cbc.zip

3 Replies

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team July 13, 2017 11:40 AM UTC

Hi Charles,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Our SfRichTextBoxAdv control does not supports Page breaks at this moment. We have already logged a feature request for this. We will implement these features in any of our forthcoming releases. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We request you to visit our website periodically for feature related updates.

As a workaround, you can replace the page breaks with section break (Type – next page) using DocIO library and resultant document will have multiple sections. Currently, SfRichTextBoxAdv control starts each section in a new page. So, the resultant multiple section document will be viewed in multiple pages. We have also prepared a sample to demonstrate the same. Please find the sample from the following link.

Sample link:
Sample.zip

Please let us know, if you require any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Venkatesan M. 

MC Molino Charles July 13, 2017 01:04 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks you very much,

Knowing that I was able to modify my word template and by using section break instead of page break it works perfectly.

I think that's something that need to be add in the documentation, because you can't guess it.

Regards,

Charles

VM Venkatesan Mani Syncfusion Team July 14, 2017 05:48 AM UTC

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion.

We will consider adding a documentation about the unsupported elements and tips on using alternative solutions for unsupported elements in SfRichTextBoxAdv.

Please let us know, if you require any further assistance on this. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Venkatesan M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon