We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Can Listview have the appearance of items appearing horizontally then vertically

I know in xamarin.forms we can create listview horizontally, but I want to use this control in a mvc app I am creating and would like the feature make the items to be ordered horizontally.

I could not find any example of this in the documents. I have theory that I will have to use a custom CSS script to have the desired effect.

is it possible with this control?

3 Replies

AP Arun Palaniyandi Syncfusion Team July 12, 2017 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Richard, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.    

Based on current implementation of ListView it is not possible to change the orientation of ListView to horizontal by custom CSS/Scripts. Hence for your scenario, we suggest you to use our Menu control which may suits your requirement. This Menu looks like a horizontal ListView as you have expected. 

Please find the below demoes and links below for your reference. 

Please let us know if you have any queries. 

Regards, 
Arun P. 

RP Richard Presley July 12, 2017 12:38 PM UTC

Unfortunately, I require the items to be checkbox with multi select functionality. The menu control lacks these functionalities. 

SS Selvamani Sankarappan Syncfusion Team July 17, 2017 11:41 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thank you for helping us define this feature. We have added this “Listview to set as horizontally and vertically” to our feature request list, and it will be available in any of our upcoming release. 

Regards,
Selvamani S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon