We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'SfNavigationDrawer'.

I getting this  Cannot access a disposed object.Object name: 'SfNavigationDrawer'. error.
I have a two page one is Login page and another is Dashboard Page. Dashboard Page having SfNavigationDrawer control component.  SfNavigationDrawer.DrawerContentView having listview. This listview having three option. My profile,Change password and Logout.
Once I logout and Login Again into Dashboard Page and trying to minimize the  project I got the below error.

Please find the below detail Error log:

System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'SfNavigationDrawer'.
  at Foundation.NSObject.get_SuperHandle () [0x00015] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4691/d2270eec/source/xamarin-macios/src/Foundation/NSObject2.cs:416
  at UIKit.UIView.set_Frame (CoreGraphics.CGRect value) [0x0002b] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4691/d2270eec/source/xamarin-macios/src/build/ios/native/UIKit/UIView.g.cs:3139
  at Syncfusion.SfNavigationDrawer.iOS.SfNavigationDrawer.set_Frame (CoreGraphics.CGRect value) [0x00000] in <cdb5cf26cd49423e82d5fe75ac7f0ffc>:0
  at Syncfusion.SfNavigationDrawer.iOS.SfNavigationDrawer.DeviceRotated (Foundation.NSNotification notification) [0x00038] in <cdb5cf26cd49423e82d5fe75ac7f0ffc>:0
  at Foundation.InternalNSNotificationHandler.Post (Foundation.NSNotification s) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4691/d2270eec/source/xamarin-macios/src/Foundation/NSNotificationCenter.cs:48
  at at (wrapper managed-to-native) UIKit.UIApplication:UIApplicationMain (int,string[],intptr,intptr)
  at UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.IntPtr principal, System.IntPtr delegate) [0x00005] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4691/d2270eec/source/xamarin-macios/src/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:79
  at UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName) [0x00038] in /Users/builder/data/lanes/4691/d2270eec/source/xamarin-macios/src/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:63
  at BioInformatics.iOS.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00001] in  Main.cs:17

12 Replies

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team July 12, 2017 10:31 AM UTC

Hi Tamilmani,

We were able to reproduce the reported issue. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/   

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

TA Tamilmani July 13, 2017 08:23 AM UTC

The Link which have given DLL didn't have SfNavigationDrawerRenderer(). Can you please give the same.

TA Tamilmani replied to Vanaja  Annasamy July 14, 2017 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Tamilmani,

We were able to reproduce the reported issue. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/   

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

The Link which have given DLL didn't have SfNavigationDrawerRenderer(). Can you please give the same.

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team July 14, 2017 06:39 PM UTC

Hi Tamlmani, 

We have given the solution for your query to the incident created under your account. Please refer the incident for further update. 

Regards, 
Vanaja R.A 

AC Adrian Crutchfield September 27, 2017 05:07 PM UTC

I am experiencing the case issue. Can a support ticket be logged for me as well (referencing this issue)?

Thanks

SK Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan Syncfusion Team September 28, 2017 11:34 AM UTC

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

The issue “NavigationDrawer get crash when we rotate the device in iOS platform” has been already fixed and the fix will be included in our Volume 3 service pack 2, which is expected to be rolled out by end of September 2017.

Regards,
Selva Kumar V.

SK Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan Syncfusion Team October 4, 2017 05:21 AM UTC

Hi All,

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio Volume 3 Service Pack 2, 2017 (Version 15.3.0.33) is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/132941/essential-studio-2017-volume-3-service-pack-release-v15-3-0-33-available-for-download

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,

Selva Kumar V.

JZ jahanzaib zahid January 31, 2018 03:32 PM UTC

I am using the lastest dll for drawer the drawer is working fine but when i add the xamarin forms Maps Then   rotation makes the application to crash start again i dont know what happen with the drawer as the same error of disposed objects are coming

SK Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan Syncfusion Team February 1, 2018 08:54 AM UTC

Hi jahanzaib zahid,

We would like to know more information to reproduce this issue. Is Xamarin forms maps has been used inside the SfNavigationDrawer? or by adding the Xamarin forms maps package to the project makes the Object disposed error. Also let us know whether you have used Xamarin.GoogleMaps NuGet or Syncfusion.Xamarin.Maps NuGet package

An issue reproducing sample with replication steps for the will be more useful for us to provide better solution on this.

Regards,

Selva Kumar V.

JZ jahanzaib zahid February 6, 2018 02:19 PM UTC

Yes i am using the Xamarin.Forms.Maps from nuget and the problem is that it makes the Xamarin forms updated to latest version as well  which result an error of object disposed while rotating the application  I am not using the Syncfusion Map because i need a native look and feel of maps and  your map has not any feature like  Xamarin.Forms.Maps   I  cannot complete my application because of this issue Hoping to hear you soon 

JZ jahanzaib zahid February 7, 2018 09:26 AM UTC

I am facing this issue again and again and cannot even find  a method to solve i dont know why your controls is not compatible with the latest version of xamarin forms

SK Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan Syncfusion Team February 7, 2018 01:00 PM UTC

Hi jahanzaib zahid,

Query: I am not using the Syncfusion Map because i need a native look and feel of maps

Can we know your feature list that need to be implement as like Xamarin.Forms Maps so that we can analyse feasibility to provide this support if possible, and will implement in any of our volume releases.

Query: Object disposed error when using NavigationDrawer with Latest Xamarin.Forms.Maps”

We could not reproduce the issue “Crash when rotating NavigationDrawer when Xamarin.Forms.maps is added to it” We have prepared a sample for your reference and recorded a video for the output, please download the same from the link given below.

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/MAPS336853666

Video link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Video698001329

If the issue gets reproduced at your end, please update us with the modified sample and replication procedure for the issue. This could help us to provide better solution on this.

Regards,

Selva Kumar V.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon