We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

InlineForm vs InlineFormTemplate

Hi syncfusion support team

Initially I’m using the edit-mode = “inlineform” code, but in certain condition that I need to hide some of the field, I using the inlineformtemplate, but when I design the form; not able to create the design to load the drop down, date picker etc , can you help me. 

I attach the document that including my code and screenshot for your reference

Thanks for your support and appreciate it.

Attachment: Syncfusion_Support__InlineForm_vs_InlineFormTemplate_9056ef9c.rar

1 Reply

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team July 12, 2017 02:42 PM UTC

Hi Haryzad, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have analyzed your query and prepared a sample based on that. Please refer below sample for that. 
We have achieved your requirement through ejDatePicker() , ejDopDownList() and ejNumericTextBox() using actionComplete event     of Grid. In that we have enabled these edit types only when editing and adding. 
<script> 
    function complete(args) { 
        if ((args.requestType == "beginedit" || args.requestType == "add") && args.model.editSettings.editMode == "inlineformtemplate") { 
            $("#Freight").ejNumericTextbox({ value: parseFloat($("#Freight").val()), width: "116px", decimalPlaces: 2 }); 
            $("#ShipCountry").ejDropDownList({ value: parseFloat($("#ShipCountry").val()), width: '116px' }); 
            $("#OrderDate").ejDateTimePicker(); 
            if (args.requestType == "beginedit") { 
                $("#OrderID").attr("disabled", "disabled"); 
                $("#ShipCountry").ejDropDownList("setSelectedValue", args.row.children().eq(3).text()); 
            } 
            $(".e-field").css({ 'width': '116px', 'text-align': 'left' }); 
        } 
  } 
</script> 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon