We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Installing the Final Finally

What''s the safest way to install the Final if you have 2.x Beta''s installed? Uninstall everything first? Clean up the registry? Delete old directories? Or, just simply install the Final. What about .resx files. Do we need a utility to correctly version the files? Michael

3 Replies

SH Sue Harris April 21, 2004 08:03 PM UTC

I also would like to know the best method to use for install. Especially since I''ve already had trouble with 1.6 & 2.0 since the 2.0.3.0 (and also the 2.0.5.0) created a separate entry in the uninstall (where previously it always reused a general "Syncfusion Essential Suite" suite entry, it now seems to add a new entry for each release), and as a result I''ve been seeing some confusion in my programming team as to which dlls are being used (for some reason it occassionally wants to use the old dlls). As a result I''ve been uninstalling before installing the new version, but I don''t know that I get all the files/rego entries using the uninstall method. Any suggestions as to the best upgrade method would be welcome. Sue

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 22, 2004 05:52 PM UTC

Hi You can keep older versions on your machine if you want to, but it would be a good idea to remove release candidate/beta/interim build versions of the 2.0 version of Essential Suite. Essential Suite 2.0.5.0 is the final release version of Essential Suite 2.0. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 22, 2004 10:22 PM UTC

So, in terms of keeping the Toolbox, code, etc. updated correctly, is it better to uninstall 2.0.3 then install 2.0.5 or the other way around (or does it not matter?) IIRC, in the past, certain upgrades have been smoother than others. That aside, great work on 2.0. I''ve been quite impressed with the betas, and I''m quite excited to try out the release.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon