We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Direction of dropdown

Hello,

can I define that the dropdown always opens upwards?

5 Replies

BC Berly Christopher Syncfusion Team July 7, 2017 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Carsten,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.             

Please use “ArrowPosition:Top” in your code sample to dropdown of the Split button always open onwards. Please refer to the below code example.   

Setting Arrow position in Normal SplitButton Mode:   

<ej:splitbutton id="Splitbutton2" runat="server" size="Large" showroundedcorner="true" text="Delete" ArrowPosition="Top"> 
                    <Items> 
                       <ej:SplitItem Text="Open"> 
                       </ej:SplitItem> 
                       <ej:SplitItem Text="Save"> 
                       <ej:SplitItem Text="Delete"> 
                    </Items> 
 </ej:splitbutton> 

You can also define this option when SplitButton is in “DropDownMode” as given below.   

Setting Arrow position in DropDown Mode:   

<ej:splitbutton id="Save" runat="server" size="Large" showroundedcorner="true" text="save" ButtonMode="Dropdown" ArrowPosition="Top"> 
                    <Items> 
                       <ej:SplitItem Text="Open"> 
                       <ej:SplitItem Text="Save"> 
                       <ej:SplitItem Text="Delete"> 
                    </Items> 
</ej:splitbutton> 

We have prepared a simple sample based on your requirement.  

To know more about split button component, refer to:   

To know more about properties, methods and events of the SplitButton please refer to the below API link:    

Regards,   
Berly B.C.   

CW Carsten Wuttke July 10, 2017 06:03 AM UTC

Hello Berly,

yes. That works and I already knew. But would have been sweeter to have that button on the side and open the dropdown to the top. Thx anyway

BC Berly Christopher Syncfusion Team July 13, 2017 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for your patience.

We have checked with your query. We have no option for “dropdown of the Split button always open onwards along with arrow in down position”. So, we have prepared the work around solution based on your requirement. Please get the sample form the below location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/131361/ze/Forum_131361-1041063188 

We have customized the split button styles using CSS property. Please check with the given sample, if you need further assistance please get back to us.  

Regards,

Berly B.C

CW Carsten Wuttke July 13, 2017 01:34 PM UTC

Hi Berly,

thanks. All I wanted to know there I know now. Would be a good enhancement I'd say ;-)

Greets,

Carsten

BC Berly Christopher Syncfusion Team July 17, 2017 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Carsten, 
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 
We have considered your requirement (dropdown of the Split button always open onwards along with arrow in side of the button) as feature in our database. It will be available on any one of the upcoming release.  
Regards, 
Berly B.C  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon