We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

.netstandard compatibility

Hi,

Can I use Syncfusions Xamarin Forms controls in a .netstandard project? In other words: Are the Syncfusion Xamarin Forms controls compatible with .netstandard? And if so, how could I do that, e. g. how could I use SFDataGrid (which assemblies to reference etc.)?

Kind regards

22 Replies

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team July 4, 2017 02:08 PM UTC

Hi Kind,

Sorry for the delay.

As of now, Xamarin.Forms itself provide support for .NET Standard in their prerelease version alone. We will provide support for .NET Standard once Xamarin.Forms provides support in their stable version.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M.

BK bkind July 7, 2017 07:17 PM UTC

Hi,

Thank you. This seams obvious to me, once I know it. So I'll be waiting.

Kind regards

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team July 12, 2017 10:37 AM UTC

Hi Kind,

Thanks for the update. Please get back to us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M.

CF Carlos Ferra September 4, 2017 05:21 PM UTC

Hi, Has there been any updates here?  Any plans for releasing a library with support for .netstandard 2.0?

thanks!!

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team September 5, 2017 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the update. As per our previous update, still Xamarin.Forms itself provide support for .NET Standard in their prerelease version alone. We will provide support for .NET Standard once Xamarin.Forms provides support in their stable version.

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M. 

MK Manfred Kipfelsberger October 6, 2017 09:16 PM UTC

Hi Saravana,

as David Ortinau of Xamarin states in this blog post  on 2017-09-28, Xamarin.Forms 2.4 is now supporting .NetStandard 2.0 in a stable version.

Any updates from the Syncfusion side?

Regards,

Manfred

DV Divya Venkatesan Syncfusion Team October 9, 2017 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Manfred,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We are already working on the compatibility of .NET Standard for our Xamarin controls and it will be available from Volume 4, 2017 release which is expected to be rolled out on the first week of November, 2017.

Thanks,
Divya Venkatesan

MK Manfred Kipfelsberger October 9, 2017 08:03 PM UTC

Hi Divya,

that's great news, I'm looking forward to it.

Regards, Manfred

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team October 10, 2017 01:32 PM UTC

Hi Manfred,

Thanks for the update. We will let you know once Volume 4, 2017 release is rolled out. We appreciate your patience until then.

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M

XP Xavier Perseguers October 26, 2017 10:29 AM UTC

Looking forward for this release as well. I tried to move to .netstandard1.5 but have been then stuck with the various Syncfusion.Xamarin.* components I'm using.

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team October 27, 2017 07:34 AM UTC

Hi Manfred,

Thanks for the response and as per our previous update, we will let you know once Volume 4, 2017 release is rolled out. We appreciate your patience until then.

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M

MZ Mark Zhukovsky November 11, 2017 03:21 AM UTC

Any update on ETA as we enter the 3rd week of Nov? As of today I see, at least for SfChart, that the latest nuget released on sept 29 isn't .net standard compat. Really looking forward to this  :)   any update would be appreciated.

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team November 13, 2017 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Mark, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio Volume 4, 2017 (v15.4.0.17) is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Saravana Pandian M 

JM Jairo Martins Marques November 13, 2017 03:33 PM UTC

Hi Saravana,

Great job!

Is it already available as a nuget packages for Xamarin?

Regards,

Jairo Marques

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team November 14, 2017 01:18 PM UTC

Hi Jairo,

Yes. It is available as NuGet packages online. Please let us know if you need further assistance in this.

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M

JM Jairo Martins Marques November 14, 2017 02:54 PM UTC

Hi Saravana,

yes, it's really there and I'm testing it now with some not related Syncfusion issues.

Just for information for those that are using .Net Standard:

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=59313 (Compilation error in Android project when using .Net Standard NuGet package in .Net Standard base library)

https://github.com/Microsoft/msbuild/issues/2615 (MSBuild cannot build Xamarin.Android referencing a netstandard base library if the library contains a NuGet reference #2615)

I hope somebody find a solution.

Regards

Jairo Marques

XA XamDevDave December 15, 2017 08:44 PM UTC

I am too trying to run a Xamarin Forms application with .NET Standard 2.0 and Syncfusion.  However it seems that Syncfusion does not support this currently.

Could someone from Syncfusion provide support or advice on when .NET Standard 2.0 be supported?

I have installed the latest version of Syncfusion, version 15.4.0.17 released on the 14th of November 2017.

Thanks

VM Vijayakumar Mariappan Syncfusion Team December 18, 2017 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Jairo, 

We have provided support for .NET Standard 1.0 from our Volume 4, 2017 release and  it is also compatible with .NET Standard 2.0.  

To configure our NuGet source, please refer the below link.  

Could you please let us know if you are facing issues while installing our NuGet or in specific controls. 
If you are facing any control specific issues while using it in .NET Standard project, please let us know the list of controls.  

We have also attached a sample for your reference.
TestSample

Thanks, 
Vijay M 

JM Jairo Martins Marques December 18, 2017 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Vijay,

I'm using this version since november, 14 without any issue.

I think XamDevDave is having problem, not me.

XamDevDave, did you change you project from PCL to .Net Standard? I did and everything is working properly.

Regards,

Jairo Marques

XA XamDevDave December 21, 2017 09:50 AM UTC

Hi, I can confirm, sfcalendar for Xamarin Forms using .NET Standard 2.0 is working successfully for me too now.

Thanks!

HU Hans Urschel July 25, 2018 03:25 PM UTC

SfNavigationDrawer.iOS 16.2.0.42 is not compatible with netstandard 2.0. It supports xamarinios10 ( Xamarin.iOS  Version=v1.0 ). I have no Mac, but i want to compile all three projects, perhaps i get later a Mac. But this is not possible. I can't install the SFNavigationDrawer because of this error. Can anybody help me or tell me a little bit more about this error message?

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team July 26, 2018 08:45 AM UTC

Hi Hans, 

We have analyzed your query and we suspect you are referring the Xamarin.iOS assembly in the Xamarin.Forms .Net Standard and thus this issue. Based on your requirement we have prepared a simple sample for NavigationDrawer and it can be downloaded from the link below. 

Also, to get more clarity on the assembly usage, you can refer the user guide document below. 

Hope this helps 

Thanks, 
Michael 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon