We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

ReportDesigner Entity Framework

Hi
the next question.
I have my entities as follows.

public class WorkOrderDto:BaseDto{

public WorkOrderDto() {

BOM = new List<BillOfMaterialDto>();

}

//more propertys

public ICollection<BillOfMaterialDto> BOM {get;set;}

}

public class BillOfMaterialDto :BaseDto {

// more propertys

}

As you can see i have a WorkOrder with a one to many relation to BillOMaterialDto

How can i set this in the DataSet for reporting?

Thanks in advance

Peter

5 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team July 3, 2017 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Forstmeier, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Components. 

The Report Data Panel shows only the properties of currently selected class and it does not shows properties in nested tree structure and same behavior used in MS report data panel. In your report “WorkOrderDto” dataset contain a property of type “BillOfMaterialDto” class, its inner properties will not be displayed in the report data panel. The property information’s are stored in the report, so you can bind a data collection with nested object types. We have prepared a sample based on this and it can be downloaded from the following location. 

If we misunderstood your requirement then could you please modify the sample or share some additional details regarding your requirement. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

FP Forstmeier Peter July 3, 2017 05:58 PM UTC

Hi,

that's exacltly what i'm looking for.

Another small question, what is the reasoen for the Serializable Attribute?

Thanks again

Peter

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team July 4, 2017 02:06 PM UTC

Hi Forstmeier, 

The serializable property required to avoid the problem in retrieving the value for nested objects with user defined type. Every user type in the class must be serializable, and any user type in a property of a user type must be serializable so “Serializable” property used in the sample, refer the below MSDN online links for more details. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

FP Forstmeier Peter July 4, 2017 06:01 PM UTC

Hi,

a very good Explanation.

You can close these request.

Thanks a lot

Peter

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team July 5, 2017 04:32 AM UTC

Hi Forstmeier, 

Thanks for your update. Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon