We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How do your refresh / reload a pivot grid (data only) by using jquery / ajax

My Pivot Grid works fine on initial load - JSON, but I'm having trouble finding a way to reload the data or update the data source. I'm using MVC, not the SF JavaScript version.  I'm a little lost on what client side method are available to achieve this.

Thanks

4 Replies

SP Sastha Prathap Selvamoorthy Syncfusion Team June 30, 2017 07:30 AM UTC

Hi John, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

refreshPivotGrid” method is available to refresh the PivotGrid with new updated data. We have provided a sample code to refresh the PivotGrid using button click event. Please find the code snippet for your reference below. 

Sample Code: 
@Html.EJ().Pivot().PivotGrid("PivotGrid1").ClientSideEvents(clientSideEvents => clientSideEvents.Load("onLoad")).DataSource(dataSource => dataSource.Rows(rows => { rows.FieldName("Country").FieldCaption("Country").Add(); }).Columns(columns => { columns.FieldName("Product").FieldCaption("Product").Add(); }).Values(values => { values.FieldName("Amount").Add(); })) 

@Html.EJ().Button("Button1").Size(ButtonSize.Normal).Text("Click").ClientSideEvents(events => events.Click("btnClick")) 

<script>  
    function btnClick(args) {  
              var pivotGridObj = $('#PivotGrid1').data("ejPivotGrid"); 
        $.ajax({  
            type: "POST",  
            url: "../GetData",  // specify the url to get JSON data 
            contentType: 'application/json; charset=utf-8',  
            dataType: 'json',  
            success: function (val) {  
               pivotGridObj.model.dataSource.data = JSON.parse(val); // you can set the JSON data here 
               pivotGridObj.refreshPivotGrid(); // method call to refresh the PivotGrid 
            },  
        });  
    }  
</script>  

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Sastha Prathap S.

JO John June 30, 2017 09:06 PM UTC

Thank you for the solution .... I was also trying refresh a pivot chart , I see refreshPivotChart isn't a method for that object, do you know the correct method for refreshing a pivot chart?

Thanks again.

JO John June 30, 2017 09:12 PM UTC

Figured it out by logging the methods to the console.

console.log(pivot);
   pivot.refreshControl();

thanks

SP Sastha Prathap Selvamoorthy Syncfusion Team July 3, 2017 05:46 AM UTC

Hi John, 

Thanks for the response. 

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Sastha Prathap S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon