We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Binding in Ribbon Backstage

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

131200 Jun 27,2017 09:28 PM UTC Jun 28,2017 02:06 PM UTC WPF 1
Tags: Ribbon
Richard
Asked On June 27, 2017 09:28 PM UTC

I have created a WPF  app with a ribbon and it works well apart from one problem. The ribbon makes use of a backstage which has a number of controls that bind to the viewmodel for the RibbonWindow.

My issue is that the bindings do not seem to work. I have some properties that for testing purposes resolve to a fixed string such as

public string RecentFileListCount
        {
            get { return "Boom!!"; }
        }

Yet when I bind to it in the backstage along the line of :

<TextBlock Text="{Binding RecentFileListCount}"  FontSize="38" Margin="20 20 0 0" FontFamily="{StaticResource LatoLight}"></TextBlock>

the binding does not work and nothing is shown. If I add the same snippet of XAML to another control it displays correctly.

Is there something about the controls you can use or the method of binding in a Ribbon Backstage?

Keerthana Jegannathan [Syncfusion]
Replied On June 28, 2017 02:06 PM UTC

Hi Richard , 

We considered the bug “DataContext is not working in BackStage” as bug and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Regards, 

Keerthana J 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;