We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Binding in Ribbon Backstage

I have created a WPF  app with a ribbon and it works well apart from one problem. The ribbon makes use of a backstage which has a number of controls that bind to the viewmodel for the RibbonWindow.

My issue is that the bindings do not seem to work. I have some properties that for testing purposes resolve to a fixed string such as

public string RecentFileListCount
        {
            get { return "Boom!!"; }
        }

Yet when I bind to it in the backstage along the line of :

<TextBlock Text="{Binding RecentFileListCount}"  FontSize="38" Margin="20 20 0 0" FontFamily="{StaticResource LatoLight}"></TextBlock>

the binding does not work and nothing is shown. If I add the same snippet of XAML to another control it displays correctly.

Is there something about the controls you can use or the method of binding in a Ribbon Backstage?

1 Reply

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team June 28, 2017 02:06 PM UTC

Hi Richard , 

We considered the bug “DataContext is not working in BackStage” as bug and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Regards, 

Keerthana J 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon