We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

MVC Grid does not render when using "ej.grid.min.js" insted of "ej.web.all.min.js"

Hi,
I am trying to get me MVC grid to render, but I keep getting a javascript error. My code is as below

@section Styles {
    <link rel='nofollow' href="~/Content/ej/web/bootstrap-theme/ej.web.all.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link rel='nofollow' href="~/Content/ej/web/responsive-css/ejgrid.responsive.css" rel="stylesheet" />
}

@section scripts{   
    @Html.EJ().ScriptManager()

@Scripts.Render("~/Scripts/ej/common/ej.core.min.js")
    @Scripts.Render("~/Scripts/ej/common/ej.data.min.js")   
    @Scripts.Render("~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.pager.min.js")
    @Scripts.Render("~/Scripts/ej/common/ej.scroller.min.js")
    @Scripts.Render("~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.waitingpopup.min.js")
    @Scripts.Render("~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.grid.min.js")
}

@(Html.EJ().Grid<SkyExpress.Web.ViewModels.NewsViewModel>("newsgrid")
    .Datasource(ds => ds.URL(Url.Action("NewsDataSource", "News"))
    .Adaptor(AdaptorType.UrlAdaptor))
    .AllowPaging()
    .AllowSorting()
    .AllowSearching()
    .SelectionType(SelectionType.Single)
    .EnableRowHover()
    .EnableAltRow()
    .AllowResizing()
    .AllowResizeToFit()
    .IsResponsive(true)
    .EnableResponsiveRow(true)
    .AllowTextWrap(true)
    //.EnablePersistence()
    .ClientSideEvents(e => { e.RecordDoubleClick("newsObject.onViewClick"); })
    .ClientSideEvents(e => { e.DataBound("newsObject.bindGridEditButtons"); })
    .ClientSideEvents(e => { e.ActionComplete("newsObject.bindGridEditButtons"); })
    //.ToolbarSettings(toolbar => { toolbar.ShowToolbar(true).ToolbarItems(items => { items.AddTool(ToolBarItems.Search); }); })
    .Columns(col =>
    {
        col.Field("NewsId").IsPrimaryKey(true).Visible(false).Add();
        col.Field("Title").HeaderText("Title").ClipMode(ClipMode.EllipsisWithTooltip).Width(200).Priority(1).Add();
        col.Field("NewsDate").HeaderText("News Date").Format("{0: MM/dd/yyyy}").Priority(2).Add();
        col.Field("AuthorName").HeaderText("Author").ClipMode(ClipMode.EllipsisWithTooltip).Priority(6).Add();
        col.Field("isPublished").HeaderText("Published").Visible(true).HeaderTextAlign(TextAlign.Left).Priority(3).TextAlign(TextAlign.Center).Add();
        col.Field("PublishedBy").HeaderText("Published By").ClipMode(ClipMode.EllipsisWithTooltip).Visible(true).Priority(6).Add();
        col.Field("PublishedDate").HeaderText("Published Date").Format("{0: MM/dd/yyyy}").Visible(true).Priority(3).Add();
        col.Field("isActive").HeaderText("Active").Visible(true).HeaderTextAlign(TextAlign.Left).Priority(3).TextAlign(TextAlign.Center).Add();
        col.HeaderText("Manage").Width(145).AllowTextWrap(false).TextAlign(TextAlign.Center).AllowSorting(false).Priority(1)
        //.Format("<div class='btn-group btn-group-sm' name='ManageButtons'><button type='button' name='btnViewModal' class='btn btn-primary' title='View'><i class=\"fa fa-eye\" aria-hidden=\"true\"></i>&nbsp;</button><button type='button' name='btnEditModal' class='btn btn-primary' title='Edit'><i class=\"fa fa-pencil-square-o\" aria-hidden=\"true\"></i>&nbsp;</button><button type='button' name='btnDeleteUser' class='btn btn-primary' title='Delete'><i class=\"fa fa-trash\" aria-hidden=\"true\"></i>&nbsp;</button></div>")
        .Format("<div class='btn-group btn-group-sm' name='ManageButtons'><button type='button' name='btnViewModal' class='btn btn-primary' title='View'><i class=\"fa fa-eye\" aria-hidden=\"true\"></i>&nbsp;</button><button type='button' name='btnEditModal' class='btn btn-primary' title='Edit'><i class=\"fa fa-pencil-square-o\" aria-hidden=\"true\"></i>&nbsp;</button></div>")
        .Add();
    })
)

The error I get on the client side is shown below and the grid does not render.

If i use @Scripts.Render("~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.web.all.min.js") then my grid works just fine. But I do not want to use "ej.web.all.min.js" as it is more than 10mb in size.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

2 Replies

MH Mohamed Hussain June 24, 2017 07:46 AM UTC

I have figured this one out. I just needed to add a few more of the js files to get the grid to work. I built 2 bundles one with all common .js files that all most of the contrals use in common and one with the .js files that the grid needs to work.

bundles.Add(new ScriptBundle("~/bundles/ejCommon")

.Include("~/Scripts/ej/common/ej.core.min.js",

"~/Scripts/ej/common/ej.globalize.min.js",

"~/Scripts/ej/common/ej.data.min.js",

"~/Scripts/ej/common/ej.touch.min.js",

"~/Scripts/ej/common/ej.draggable.min.js",

"~/Scripts/ej/common/ej.scroller.min.js"));

bundles.Add(new ScriptBundle("~/bundles/ejGrid")

.Include("~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.button.min.js",

"~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.checkbox.min.js",

"~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.menu.min.js",

"~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.waitingpopup.min.js",

"~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.radiobutton.min.js",

"~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.datepicker.min.js",

"~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.dialog.min.js",

"~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.pager.min.js",                    

"~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.toolbar.min.js",

"~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.tooltip.min.js",

"~/Scripts/ej/web/ej.grid.min.js"));

JK Jayaprakash Kamaraj Syncfusion Team June 26, 2017 07:15 AM UTC

Hi Mohamed, 

We are happy that the problem has been solved. 

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.   

Regards, 

Jayaprakash K. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon