We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Find position in datasource?

How do I derive the position of a row in the datasource from CurrentCell.RowIndex? I''m looking for something like the GDBG''s RowIndexToListManagerPosition. I''m in a handler for TableControlCellDoubleClick and I need to know the primary key of the row to display a detail form. Thanks, Sean

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2004 08:49 PM UTC

Based on the row index you can get the element displayed at that row. If it is a record row then the parent records unsorted position is the underlying DataRow position. Example: Table table = e.TableControl.Table; Element el = table.DisplayElements[e.rowIndex]; Record r = el.ParentRecord; int dataRowPos = table.UnsortedRecords.IndexOf(r); CustomersDataRow row = dataSoure.Rows[dataRowPos]; string id = row.CustomerId; The main point here is that any row in the grid has 1-to-1 association with a displayelement of the engine table. And for any record you can quickly identify its original position in the datasource with the UnsortedRecords.IndexOf method. Stefan

SG Sean Greer April 21, 2004 01:24 PM UTC

Thanks Stefan...just what I needed.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon