We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Failed to open Excel 2007 file in version V8.103

I am able to create Excel 2007 in version V8.103, but  failed to open the created file, it said "the method or operation is not implemented "

9 Replies

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team June 21, 2017 09:45 AM UTC

Hi Vivian, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We are unable to reproduce issue from the shared information. We suggest you to upgrade to our latest version (15.2.0.43) of Essential Studio which has more bug fixes and enhancements which is available for download under the following link. 

If the issue still persists after upgrading, please share us the code snippet along with the input and output Excel documents which will be helpful for us to investigate further on this.  

Regards, 
Abirami. 

VH Vivian Huang June 21, 2017 06:48 PM UTC

Actually I can open the Excel file, but if I make some changes on  file and save it, failed to open it .

I used this code to create Excel:

myWorkbook.SaveAs("myFile.xlsx", ExcelSaveType.SaveAsXLS, objResponse, ExcelHttpContentType.Excel2007)

and this one to open excel:

Dim excelEngine As New ExcelEngine()
            Dim application As IApplication = excelEngine.Excel
            application.DefaultVersion = ExcelVersion.Excel2007
      Dim myWorkbook As IWorkbook = Nothing
 myWorkbook = excelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Open("myFile.xlsx", ExcelVersion.Excel2007)

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team June 22, 2017 11:18 AM UTC

Hi Vivian, 

We are unable to reproduce the issue. We request you to share us the Excel file created using XlsIO which you are trying to open along with details or code snippet for the changes which you are performing after opening the Excel file. This will be helpful for us to investigate further and provide you a prompt solution at the earliest.  

Regards, 
Abirami. 

VH Vivian Huang June 22, 2017 01:43 PM UTC

Please see the attached Excel files.

I created my template file in Excel 2016, open the template file in XISIO  and generated  the "original.xlsx" by XlsIO  and  I can open it with the following code, then I make some changes base on this file with Excel 2016(not using XISIO), save it as "modified.xlsx" but can't open it in XISIO with the same code.

Dim excelEngine As New ExcelEngine()
            Dim application As IApplication = excelEngine.Excel
            application.DefaultVersion = ExcelVersion.Excel2007
      Dim myWorkbook As IWorkbook = Nothing
 myWorkbook = excelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Open("myFile.xlsx", ExcelVersion.Excel2007)

Attachment: excel_files_ddd9347a.zip

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team June 23, 2017 05:28 AM UTC

Hi Vivian, 

Thank you for updating us. 

We are able to reproduce the reported issue in version 8.1v. However, the issue is resolved with our release version 8.4v. As suggested earlier, we request you to upgrade to our latest version (15.2.0.43) of Essential Studio which has more bug fixes and enhancements which is available for download under the following link.  

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Abirami.

VH Vivian Huang June 27, 2017 09:19 PM UTC

I download V8.4, but get the error when adding it to my project:

Error 2 Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.Compression.Base' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.  

how to resolve it?

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team June 28, 2017 12:51 PM UTC

Hi Vivian, 

While deploying an application that references Syncfusion Essential XlsIO assembly, the following dependencies must be included in the project. 

1. Syncfusion.Core.dll

1. Syncfusion.Compression.dll

1. Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base.dll

We suspect that the issue might be raised due to reference of improper assemblies. So, try to build the application after deleting bin and obj folders of the project.  

Please refer below link for installing an uninstalling assemblies from GAC. 

https://help.syncfusion.com/common/essential-studio/utilities#assembly-manager 

We also request you to add the above listed assemblies whose framework version should be same as that of the visual studio’s target framework version. For an example, 4.0 target version of visual studio should refer an assembly version of 8.404.0.10. 

Regards, 
Abirami. 

VH Vivian Huang June 28, 2017 07:39 PM UTC

All issues have been resolved, thank you Abirami.

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team June 29, 2017 07:01 AM UTC

Hi Vivian, 

Thank you for updating us. 

We are glad that the issue is resolved at your end. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Abirami. 

SIGN IN To post a reply.
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon