We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ReminderTimeMapping Type Requirements

Hi, thanks a ton for very useful control.

However, I am having issues with mapping Reminder Type property on SfChedule control. I'm providing a custom data binding for my scheduler. So, I cannot use already defined classes in Syncfusion assemblies. ReminderTimeMapping property is expecting string type, not enum by default. ReminderTime property on default ScheduleAppointment class is expecting ReminderTimeType enum with values such as None = 0, FiveMin = 2 etc. 

Let's say i have my own ReminderTime class with const string properties with exactly same names as default values from enum (public const sring None = "None" etc..). Is there a way for control to map this values? I don't see a point of having a custom mapping for ReminderTime property, if I'm again bound to provide default ReminderTimeType enum.

All the best. Bane

3 Replies

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team June 19, 2017 12:11 PM UTC

Hi Bane, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

We have analyzed your requirement for "ReminderTimeMapping with custom enum type". Since this feature isn’t available in our product, we consider this to be a feature request. It will help us to implement the feature in line with your requirement, if you can confirm some specific details regarding the requirement.

If our definition of this feature is different from your requirement then share the specific details with us, so that we can work towards fulfilling your requirements.

Thanks,
Vigneshkumar R 

BA Bane June 19, 2017 02:34 PM UTC

Hi Vigneshkumar R,

The business logic, or guidelines of my application, is that instead of storing 0,1,2,3 etc in database, we like to operate on strings so that each value is represented by itself. What I mean by that is when I fetch the data over network, I have custom static class ReminderTimeType with string const fields where each value is one on one with original enum type by default. This allow us to easily localize and translate values on user interface. Plus, when looking in raw data in db, the data itself is much more readable. 

Is there a way for ReminderTimeMapping to somehow extract provided string value and find corresponding enum value on the other side? This way we can limit font end related classes to UI project library and keep view model domain clean.

All the best, Bane.

Attachment: data_ss_f9851145.rar

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team June 20, 2017 10:02 AM UTC

Hi Bane, 

Thanks for the update. 

As mentioned before we don’t have support for custom reminder enum type in SfSchedule.WPF control for creating mapped appointment, we have logged a feature request on this and it will be implemented in any of our upcoming release. 

As of now we can get the ReminderTimeType by providing the string values in sample level. We have prepared a sample for the same and please find the sample in the below link. 

Sample link:ReminderMapping

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards 
Vigneshkumar R 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon