We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Remove the first page after merge

Hi guys,

I have the document after mail merging and I’d like to delete the first page. Could you tell me how to do it?

I attached template and output document

Thanks,

Alex

Attachment: template_4cd5f76b.rar

4 Replies

VR Vijay Ramachandran Syncfusion Team June 19, 2017 07:32 AM UTC

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

The Word document is flow document, so it’s not feasible to access (remove) Word document contents page by page. Kindly refer the KB article to know more about this.

As a workaround, you can achieve your requirement by iterating section body items and remove the contents up to the first page break after performing mail merge execution. We have prepared sample to remove first page of the given document(output.docx). Please find the sample from here and let us know if it helps.

If we misunderstood any of your requirement, then kindly elaborate the actual requirement with detailed description. Thereby we will analyze further on the mentioned case and will provided you appropriate solution.

Regards,
Vijay R

AK Alexander Kurnevich June 20, 2017 10:21 AM UTC

Thanks a lot Vijay.

Alex

LC Luke Carlson August 19, 2021 08:20 PM UTC

Hi. I'm also trying to do this. Is there anyway to prevent the header being added? The original document doesn't have one, but the result has a header with one paragraph tab. Is it possible to maintain the original header or lack of header? 

MR Manikandan Ravichandran Syncfusion Team August 20, 2021 08:12 AM UTC

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your update.

From the given details, we suspect that your requirement is to remove header from the document. For this, you can use the below code example.

foreach (WSection section in document.Sections)
{
      section.HeadersFooters.Header.ChildEntities.Clear();
      section.HeadersFooters.FirstPageHeader.ChildEntities.Clear();
      section.HeadersFooters.EvenHeader.ChildEntities.Clear();
      section.HeadersFooters.OddHeader.ChildEntities.Clear();
}

Please refer the below link to know more about headers and footer.
https://help.syncfusion.com/file-formats/docio/working-with-sections#working-with-headers-and-footers

If we misunderstood any of your requirement, then kindly provide us the input word document, screenshot or output Word document and the expected result which will helpful to provide you the appropriate solution at the earliest

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Manikandan Ravichandran

Loader.
Up arrow icon