We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Exception thrown in grid with excel filter when there are 0 rows

Hi, I have the following problem: an exception is raised to the user from the ejGrid when clicking on the filter button (filterType: "excel") and the grid contains zero records.
The error is raised only when the grid starts with zero records: if I start with a grid with more than 0 rows and then apply a filtering to have 0 records, then all works correctly.
I'm using a ODataV4Adaptor to retrieve the data.
The error seems to raise independently form the fact that the "0 rows condition" has its cause on the server side (OData endpoint actually returning 0 records) or on the client side (initial filterSettings.filteredColumns causes to have no visibile rows).

The error is thrown from this piece of code:
this._excelFilter._dialogContainer.width()

in which _dialogContainer is null.

Can you confirm if you can reproduce this bug? There is a way I can prevent this error?

Thanks

1 Reply

MS Mani Sankar Durai Syncfusion Team June 16, 2017 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Leonardo, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have analyzed your query and we suspect that you are facing issue when the grid doesn’t contains rows or first row of the grid is empty, the filter dialog doesn’t opens. If it so we suggest you to set type property of columns in grid. 
Based on this we have already documented a Syncfusion knowledge base and that can be available from the below link. 
Note: This solution will be applicable for filterType as “excel” 
If you still face the issue please get back to us with the following details. 
1.       Share the screenshot/ video of the issue that you have faced. 
2.       Share the grid code and server side code that you have used. 
3.       If possible please replicate the issue in any of the simple sample and provide us. 
The provided information will help us to analyze the issue and provide you the response as early as possible. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Manisankar Durai. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon