We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

workbook,SaveAs() downloads corrupt file

Hi,

I am generating a Excel file and then sending it through a web page to open or download. The file gets generated, but we receive an error with the content(see attachment). The Excel message says that it needs to repair it. When I click Yes, The file opens properly for me. However, our client, gets the same message, but cannot open the file. 

Below is the code that I am using to generate and downlaod the file;

Can you please let me know if I should do anything differently ?

Thanks,
John

ExcelEngine excelEngine = new ExcelEngine();
IApplication application = excelEngine.Excel;

application.DefaultVersion = ExcelVersion.Excel2016;
IWorkbook workbook = application.Workbooks.Create(1);
IWorksheet sheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];

HttpContext.Current.Response.Clear();
HttpContext.Current.Response.Buffer = true;
HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", string.Format("attachment; filename={0}", "report.xlsx"));
HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType = "application/ms-excel";  
HttpContext.Current.Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache);
HttpContext.Current.Response.CacheControl = "no-cache";

workbook.SaveAs("report.xlsx", ExcelSaveType.SaveAsXLS, HttpContext.Current.Response, ExcelDownloadType.Open, ExcelHttpContentType.Excel2016);
workbook.Close();
excelEngine.Dispose();

Attachment: ProblemWithContent_52f77faf.zip

1 Reply

SS Sridhar Sukumar Syncfusion Team June 15, 2017 12:07 PM UTC

Hi John, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We are unable to reproduce the issue with shared information. We have shared a simple sample for your reference which can be downloaded from the following location.  

Sample link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/XLSIO_ASPNET-159010494.zip 

Kindly modify the sample to reproduce the issue and share us the modified issue reproducing sample which will be helpful for us to give you a prompt solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 

Sridhar. 

SIGN IN To post a reply.
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon