We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Use from FSharp F#?

Is it practical to use Syncfusion WPF Charts and Grids from an F# desktop app. using Visual Studio?

If the answer is NO, would the situation be better with Windows Forms or UWP?  I am open to using either of these also.

I believe that, for WPF, there is at a minimum the problem that partial classes are not supported in Visual Studio F#.

If the answer for any of these platforms is YES, are there any Syncfusion F# Chart or Grid examples anywhere?  I have not been able to find any anywhere.  I did find the Syncfusion sponsored Ebook on F#, but it does not have any Chart or Grid examples.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

DS Durgadevi Selvaraj Syncfusion Team June 14, 2017 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Don,

We have analyzed your query and we have provided support for F# desktop application(WPF). Currently we don’t have any specific documentation and sample related to F# for our SfChart and SfDatGrid controls. We have prepared a sample with SfChart and SfDataGrid in F# for your reference.

Please find the sample from the below links,

SfChart Sample:SfChartWithF#

SfDataGrid Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/FSharp_Sample-1587212285.zip 

Regards,
Durgadevi S 

DB Don Brady June 14, 2017 03:42 PM UTC

Durgadevi,

Thank you so much!

That is invaluable and I really appreciate it.

Don

DS Durgadevi Selvaraj Syncfusion Team June 15, 2017 05:17 AM UTC

Hi Don,

Thanks for your update.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Regards,
Durgadevi S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon