We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Mask entry and update DataSource async as the user types

Hi,

I've been searching for a while and could not find any reference to how can I implement the following features:

1. Mask the entry as the user types. I've looked into the property Value of Syncfusion.SfAutoComplete.XForms.ValueChangedEventArgs on SfAutoComplete.ValueChanged but it turns out this property is read only.

- Example: 123.456.78|

2. Update the DataSource async as the user types.

-Example:

A)
    Entry: Ca|
    DataSource:
        > Can
        > Camp
        > Car

B)
    Entry: Can|
    DataSource:
        > Can
        > Candidate
        > Candy

Thank you in advance,
Danilo.

1 Reply

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team June 13, 2017 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Danilo,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Query 1: SfMaskedEdit support in Xamarin.Forms.

Currently we do not have support for MaskedEdit in Xamarin.Forms. We have consider your requirement “SfMaskedEdit in Xamarin.Forms” as feature request and have logged a report for the same.The feature will be available in any of our upcoming release. 

Query 2: Need sample with async data in DataSource.

We have created sample using SfAutoComplete updated with the async data in DataSource for your reference. Please download the same from below link.

Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/130938/ze/AutoComplete-1377614056 

Please download the sample and check whether it meets your requirement. If not please revert the detailed description of your requirement and that will help us to work inline with your requirement.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon