We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Filter ignoring diacritics (accents) on cells

Hello!

I was wondering if it's possible to apply a dynamic filter ignoring the accents.

In the example program
Syncfusion \ 14.3.0.49 \ Windows \ Grid.Grouping.Windows \ Samples \ Filters and Expressions \ Dynamic Filter Demo \

I can do a search for "México" but for "Mexico" I do not get results.

I find myself with a similar problem when doing a direct search

Me.gridCtrl.TableDescriptor.Search (txtToSearch.Text)

Thank you very much,
Fèlix

3 Replies

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team June 13, 2017 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Felix, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We could able to understand your scenario. By default, the record values will be filtered based on the records in the DataSource only. The value to be filtered will be compared to all records in DataSource and  then filtered. So, the GridGroupingControl does not have the support to filter the records by ignoring the accents(as per your scenario). 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Arulpriya

FB Felix Bagur June 13, 2017 01:42 PM UTC

Thanks for your quick response,

I have found a possible solution: 

Removing the dynamic filters and adding a global filter. In the datasource I have two columns: one with diacritics (shown) and one without diacritics (hidden).

Applying

Me.gridCtrl.TableDescriptor.Search (txtToSearch.Text)

Against a query like:

SELECT exp_id, exp_titulo, exp_description
,CAST (exp_description to varchar (450)) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_Cp1251_CI_AS AS exp_descripcion_hidden
, CAST (varchar (50)) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_Cp1251_CI_AS AS exp_titulo_hidden
FROM reg_expedientes Ex

Anyway I think it would be great to have this functionality in dynamic filters.

Thanks

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team June 14, 2017 05:20 PM UTC

Hi Felix, 

Thanks for your update. 

We are glad to hear that you have found a solution for the reported scenario.  

Anyway I think it would be great to have this functionality in dynamic filters 
We have analyzed the reported query with our source. As we updated earlier, the filtering is performed based on actual format of record values in our source. This is the current architecture of GridDynamicFilter. 

We regret to let you know that ,since it is not possible to normalize the record values with our source architecture, we could not able to log the feature report for this reported scenario. 

Please let us know if you have any queries. 

Regards, 
Arulpriya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon