We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

BackStage Size

I have a BackStage on the RibbonControlAdv but I cannot seem to adjust the height of it, it just naturally fills the app. Using the properties to change the heigh doesn't work, it doesn't accept the change.

I have set the Ribbon Control as Form Manager.

Any help would be apperciated.

7 Replies

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team June 9, 2017 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Jacob,   

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.   

In our current implementation, we have maintained the height of BackStage based on the height of the form in which it has been placed by comparing the MS Outlook. Can you share whether you would like to show the BackStage as popup when it is opened and make the RibbonControlAdv visible in the backside? If not, can you share more about information about your requirement? Based on your update, we will proceed further on this.   

Regards,   
Keerthana J   

JS JSpencer June 12, 2017 02:46 PM UTC

I am happy with the backstage mostly, I just want to show the bottom "20px" on the parent form as it has a status/load bar with some important information in it.

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team June 13, 2017 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Jacob,   

Sorry for the inconvenience.   

Currently, we do not have support to adjust the height of the BackStage to show the StatusBar present in main page. We request you to load the StatusBar directly in the BackStage to meet your requirement.    

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.   

Regards,   
Keerthana J   

JS JSpencer June 13, 2017 01:29 PM UTC

How would I load a status bar in the back stage?

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team June 14, 2017 07:20 AM UTC

Hi Jacob,   

In BackStage, currently you can load StatusBar as content of the BackStageTab. We have prepared a simple sample in which we have loaded the StatusBar in the BackStageTab content but it will not fit into the whole width of the window, as the BackStageTab panel occupies the left side.  Please download sample from the below location.   

Regards,   
Keerthana J   

JS JSpencer June 14, 2017 04:04 PM UTC

Hello,Thanks for the example, that does help and is almost what I need.I have looked into this and implementing your suggestion means that the tabpage "button" has no click event, or at least that I can see.

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team June 15, 2017 08:46 AM UTC

Hi Jacob,   

Thanks for your update.   

Can you please confirm whether your requirement is to capture the click event of BackStageTab/BackStageButton? In case of BackStageTab, you can use “SelectedIndexChanged” event of the BackStage as it captures the switch between the BackStageTab. Or else in case of BackStageButton, you can use its “Click” event. We have modified our previous sample in which we have closed the BackStage in the BackStageButton’s Click event and displayed the name of the selected BackStageTab in SelectedIndexChanged event of the BackStage and it can be downloaded from the below location.   

Regards,   
Keerthana J   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon