We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

add custom assembly

Hi,

I tried to add a custom assembly to the report designer.
Here are the screens for the assembly and the custom code to use the assembly.

The namespace of the dll is the same like the name. Classname is Services. The class and the methods are all static.
All I get is a #Error in the textbox I try to call the dll.
Is there something I have to change to get it to work.
Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

8 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team June 9, 2017 11:19 AM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion components. 

We suspect the error occurs because of the custom assembly you have referred is not copied to the installed location of report designer. So, we request you to copy your custom assembly to the installed location of the report designer. If you still face any error then we request you to update the custom assembly with us. It will be helpful for us to validate the problem at our end. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

GK Gregory Kohle June 9, 2017 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Vinoth,

thanks for your respone, you were right.
Now I´m facing a problem when I try to connect to a windows service from the DLL.
This works via my test application but in the report it says #Error.
Is this not possible to do in a custom DLL when adding them to a report?
Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

GK Gregory Kohle June 9, 2017 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Vinoth,

I attached the DLL project so you can check wheter there is an error
when you try to connect to a service via a custom dll.
Thanks.
Regards,
Patrick

Attachment: ReportingServices_83979fb0.zip

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team June 12, 2017 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

We are facing problem in establishing connection to the service, refer the below snap shot. 

Could you please help us to clear this issue, so that we can validate this Reporting Service assembly in our report designer. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team June 12, 2017 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

We are facing problem in establishing connection to the service, refer the below snap shot. 

Could you please help us to clear this issue, so that we can validate this Reporting Service assembly in our report designer. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

GK Gregory Kohle June 19, 2017 06:16 AM UTC

Hi Vinoth,

I got it working now.

Regards,
Patrick

GK Gregory Kohle June 19, 2017 06:46 AM UTC

Hi Vinoth,

I got it working using test values.
Now I have an error when trying to pass parameters into the code.
This is the expression for the textbox value:

I get the following error:

Here is the code:

I noticed that the method name is not shown in the error message.
Is there something I have to change to get it to work?
Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team June 20, 2017 02:17 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

We were able to process the code module expression with parameter values at our end and we have prepared a simple report based on this. It can be downloaded from the below location. 

If you still face any issue then we request you to share the custom assembly and report with us to validate the problem. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon