We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfAutoComplete Filtering IQueryable

If the SfAutoComplete is set to an IQueryable, does it retrieve all records before filtering or does it apply the filter to the IQueryable?

3 Replies

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team June 8, 2017 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Currently we are checking the possiblities to achieve your requirement. Please provide the following details and that will help us to work in line with your requirement.

1. In which case you are using IQueryable in SfAutoComplete
2. Please provide the detailed scenario of your requirement and the expected behavior so that we can proceed further with your requirement.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

JB Jeremy Butts June 8, 2017 07:19 PM UTC

Thanks for the reply.  I had assumed SfAutoComplete would compose a new query when the DataSource was set to an IQueryable. I am glad I asked.

I use Realm as my backend, which returns an IQueryable (supports live updates) when I query for a RealmObject (e.g db.All<Tag>() Realm Collection).   I would like SfAutoComplete to filter the results by using the IQueryable instead of retrieve all records and then filtering. 

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team June 9, 2017 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for the update.

Currently we do not have support for "fAutoComplete to filter the results by using the IQueryable". We have logged the feature request for the same. The feature will be available in any of our upcoming releases.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon