We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ItemHolding is called twice

SfListview is always called twice when navigating away from the page where sflistview is and coming back to this page.
First time when i come page where sflistview, ItemHolding is called only 1 time but if I navigate to a page from this page and then come back to sfListView page, do ItemHolding, it is called twice.

3 Replies

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team June 7, 2017 07:27 AM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.  

We are able to reproduce the reported issue “Item Holding event is triggered twice in Android platform” at our end. In UWP and iOS platform, the event is triggered once as expected. As this is forum, we cannot provide patch so, a support incident has been created under your account for providing custom assemblies which includes the fix for the reported issue. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.           

Regards,  
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

EM Emil June 7, 2017 09:51 AM UTC

Thank you. I missed to say that it is Android only but you figure it out already. Anybody needs a temporary solution until fix will be released. I handled as below. But I guess this will work better for async-await cases.

bool flag = false;
        private async void list_ItemHolding(object sender, Syncfusion.ListView.XForms.ItemHoldingEventArgs e)
        {
            if (flag)
                return;

flag = true;

await DoSomething();

flag = false;

}

MK Muthu Kumaran Gnanavinayagam Syncfusion Team June 8, 2017 10:23 AM UTC

Thanks for the valuable work around. 

Regards, 
G.Muthu Kumaran. 

Loader.