We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Deleting column from *.rdlc file produce invalid file

In the report designer when I delete column and view it in visual studio it shows this error:
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index

I can't understand the message, I oppened the *.rdlc file in visual code, and I can't figure out where the problem is (the file is huge, and I'm not familiar with rdlc files especially as xml).
also this is not happenning with all reports, I'm attaching some files that may help you understand the problem, two files for the report produced the problem(before and after the edit in the report designer), and two files for the report edited without problem (before and after)

Attachment: rdlc_reports_542b641c.rar

3 Replies

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team June 2, 2017 01:02 PM UTC

Hi Mohamed, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

This is an issue with our report designer and we have logged defect report for this. The fix changes will be included in our upcoming Volume release. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

MO Mohamed June 4, 2017 08:25 AM UTC

Thanks for the reply.Is there a specific date for the next release containing the bug fix? and what do you recommend till then (is there any temporary procedures I can take)?

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team June 5, 2017 11:40 AM UTC

Hi Mohamed, 

We request you to use VisualStudio for deleting the column from your report and our upcoming volume release has been scheduled in the end of July, 2017 which will include the fix changes for this issue. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon