We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

end-edit event is not firing

i have a grid with this:

<ej-grid id="GridContainer"
         end-edit="onEndEdit"

<script type="text/javascript">
    function onEndEdit(args) {
      $("body").attr("style", "background:Blue");
    }
  </script>

when I hit the 'update' button, the event isn't firing; i.e., I can set a breakpoint in the browser on the first line of the event handler, and it doesn't get hit.

1 Reply

MS Mani Sankar Durai Syncfusion Team May 31, 2017 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Brian, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have analyzed your query and when using Normal EditMode we are not able to reproduce the reported issue. The event end-edit is triggering fine. 
Refer the screenshot below. 

We suspect that you are using batch editMode. If so we suggest you to use the cellSave or actionComplete event which will call after editing. 
Refer the documentation link. 

Note: When using actionComplete event in grid we request you to check the condition as args.requestType is batchsave. 
Refer the code example. 
<ej-grid id="FlatGrid" datasource="ViewBag.data" allow-paging="true" action-begin="begin" action-complete="complete"  end-edit="onEndEdit"> 
    <e-edit-settings allow-adding="true" allow-editing="true" allow-deleting="true" edit-mode="@(EditMode.Batch)"></e-edit-settings> 
</ej-grid> 

function complete(args) { 
        if (args.requestType == "batchsave") { 
            debugger; 

} 
    } 
Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Manisankar Durai. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon