We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

More word-like

Hello Community,

does someone have an idea how to change some behaviour of the RTE to generate a more word-like behaviour?

in detail: I have a table in the RTE and want the user to be able to navigate to the next cell with tab (like in word) and/or if the last cell is selected and tab is pressed, a new table-row is generated? And if a  new row is generated (either at the end or in between) the format of the previous is "coppied" like the border, font-size etc.

3 Replies

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team May 31, 2017 06:42 AM UTC

Hi Carsten,   

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.   

As per your requirement, our RTE control works to navigate between table cells, on pressing tab key and appends a new row with styles copied from previous row when tab key is pressed at the end of the table. We have prepared a RTE sample, kindly refer to the following link for the sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/130734/ze/RIchTextEditor1107054609 

Regards,   
Prince   

CW Carsten Wuttke May 31, 2017 08:26 AM UTC

OK. After adding a table to your example it works as expected. but it seems not consistent. if there is only one row nothing happens at the end. Sometimes when I click a cell, no tabbing happens. And if I export a previously imported table (then added with the tab) then export it and the new (and empty rows) are not formated. I added a word-file for example.

Attachment: 4.1.3_TabTest_342cbaa9.zip

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team June 1, 2017 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Carsten,    

Thank you for your update. 

We have created a new incident under your account for the reported issues. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates  

Regards, 
Prince 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon