We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

JavaScript/MVC Diagram Export Options

Shyam,

This will probably come your way, but what I'm after now would be the means to export the diagram from the server side, loading the JSON configuration to feed the resultant image output. 

In examining the MVC side and DiagramProperties I see I can load the model, but there does not appear to be a method to export it to an image as is available on the client side.

Short of composing a page in memory to render the diagram and export the image or storing the exported image as metadata at runtime (tricky for me with dynamic templates), is there any way that I can export the diagram image of the report without rendering it to a live user?

Thank you.

Robert

3 Replies

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team May 29, 2017 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Robert, 

We can perform exporting only after the diagram is rendered. So currently it is not possible to export without rendering diagram in a browser. You can use third party tools such as phantomjs, nodejs to generate the image in the server side. 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

RM Robert Mims May 29, 2017 12:56 PM UTC

Thank you, Shyam.

Pretty much what I figured.

Please consider it a feature request.

Thank you.

Robert

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team May 30, 2017 12:03 PM UTC

Hi Robert, 

We could not consider it as a feature because in MVC(server side), we usually convert object to a JSON and send it to client side for rendering it in the browser. Also we export diagram once the diagram is rendered in the browser. If you need to export diagram without rendering it in the browser, you can use third party controls phantomjs, nodejs which act as a browser to generate an image and it will not come under the diagram scope. 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon