We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Get the Text when ComboBox is in Editable mode

Hello,
I was looking for a control wich I can select from a list or type what I want and I find the syncfusion Combobx.
But I'm afraid I can only type item from the list, if I want to get a text that is not in the list, ComboBox.SelectedValue ( or Item ) will return null.
So I wonder if there is a way to do it or if it's not possible for the moment.

Thanks you and Best Regards,
Charles

5 Replies

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team May 25, 2017 12:31 PM UTC

Hi Molino, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We suspect that your requirement is to add the entered text into the ItemCollection of SfComboBox if it is not already present. If so, at present there is no default support for your requirement, but we have prepared a workaround sample to meet your requirement by adding the entered text while pressing enter key of SfComboBox in KeyDown event and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

Regards, 
Keerthana J 

MC Molino Charles May 26, 2017 07:05 AM UTC

Thanks you very much, that's exactly what I want to achieve.

Regards,
Charles

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team May 29, 2017 03:57 AM UTC

Hi Charles, 

Thanks for your update. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Keerthana J 

MC Molino Charles May 30, 2017 08:07 AM UTC

Hi,
I test my application on a tablet, and I found out that when I select one item from the list, it might open the keyboard but not every time.
I wonder if there is a way to prevent that.
I tried with InputPane.TryHide() but that doesn't seem to work.

Regards,
Charles

edit: I find a way with InputPane.GetForCurrentView().Showing += MainPage_Showing;

private void MainPage_Showing( InputPane sender, InputPaneVisibilityEventArgs args){    
      InputPane.GetForCurrentView().TryHide();
}

But there is a problem because we see the keyboard showing and hiding, that's quick but we see it.
So I'm looking either for another solution or for a way to hide the animation.

Regards, 
Charles

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team May 31, 2017 07:10 AM UTC

Hi Charles  

Thanks for your update.   

At present, there is no other alternative to hide the keyboard when item is selected from the SfComboBox other than your suggestion. Animation occurs when control has an editable option. We have checked this behavior with MS AutoSuggestBox control. We could see that the same behavior exist in this control.   

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this.   

Regards,   
Keerthana J   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon