We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Core Support

Does Core support this control yet?  I see a mention of it in the release notes for 2017 Volume 2.  If so, do you have an example.

Regards, Patrice

5 Replies

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team May 15, 2017 07:17 AM UTC

Hi Patrice, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

At present we do not have support PDF viewer control in ASP.NET Core. Also, we have not mentioned the support for PDF viewer in ASP.NET Core in Volume 2 2017 release notes. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns on this. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

PK Patrice Kouame replied to Akshaya Arivoli May 15, 2017 04:20 PM UTC

Hi Patrice, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

At present we do not have support PDF viewer control in ASP.NET Core. Also, we have not mentioned the support for PDF viewer in ASP.NET Core in Volume 2 2017 release notes. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns on this. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

Hi again.  

I was refering to this mention of PDF Viewer in the asp.net core release notes:

https://help.syncfusion.com/aspnet-core/release-notes/v15.2.0.40?type=all#pdf 

• #172269 - Index out of range exception is no longer thrown when viewing PDF document in PDF Viewer.

Do you have any plans to fully support PDF Viewer in Core?  If not, is there a way to leverage it in my core application.  We are cross-platform mainly using asp.net core on macOS and visual studio code.

Thanks again, P

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team May 16, 2017 11:14 AM UTC

Hi Patrice, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

The PDF viewer control is mistakenly included in the release notes under PDF library. We will make the changes in the release notes. Please find the modified release notes below, 
  • #172269 - Index out of range exception is no longer thrown when loading the PDF document
Also , At present, we do not have support for PDF viewer control in the ASP.NET Core. However, we have added the feature ”Need to provide support for PDF Viewer in ASP.NET core” to our feature request list. We do not have any immediate plan to implement the same and we will implement it any of our upcoming releases.  

Regards, 
Akshaya 

PK Patrice Kouame May 18, 2017 07:20 AM UTC

Thank you for the clarification.

Is the PDF Viewer open source?  I wouldn't mind taking a stab at converting this myself. Any guidance is appreciated.

Regards

Patrice

ST SaBrena Toler Syncfusion Team May 24, 2017 12:51 PM UTC

Hello Padmini, 
We responded to the customer on 5/19/17.  The customer is currently in talks with our Sales Team on a purchase.   
I placed the information within this note secion below. 

Best,
SaBrena 

SaBrena Wallace | Customer Service/Renewals and Training Manager 
2501 Aerial Center Pkwy, Suite 200 | Morrisville, NC 27560 | USA 
Direct: +1 919.481.2330 |  Fax: +1 919.573.0306 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon