We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Send Dashboar to Report Server

First, this is my enviroment: 
Report Server + Postgres database
Report Design Data Source: Web Api that returns Json/Xml

I'm very confusing about how to send a designed dashboard to server, first I'm using a Web Data Source:

[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/uT3QG5D.png)

So, when I'm trying to publish my dashboard a connection agent popup is shown:

[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/LbGVopc.png)

Publish dashboard needs a Agent IP and Port, when I try to configure the Connection Type is graied whith SQL server option,
Why?

My Dashboard Server was setted to use Postgres databse and my datasource is a WebApi that returns a JSON/XML.

[Imgur]()

My question is: In this case, how to send this dashboard to my report server?

5 Replies

SK Sabapathy K  Syncfusion Team May 18, 2017 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Hub,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

When designing a dashboard in our Syncfusion Dashboard Designer using the web data sources connection type, it directly gets the data from Web ApI for designing purpose (It will not fetch the updated data). While publishing it to dashboard server, it requires Data Agent tool to bring the updated live data periodically based on schedules. So, our Dashboard Designer prompts for Data Agent details while publishing a dashboard. After providing the Data Agent details it will allow the user to publish the dashboard. To know more about Data Agent and how it works, please refer to the below link:   

Regards,   
Sabapathy K.   

HU Hub May 18, 2017 01:32 PM UTC

Ok, but Why Connection Type option isn't able to change? 
I'm using a WebService do load Dasboard data.

How can I configure it to my webapi datasource?

SK Sabapathy K  Syncfusion Team May 19, 2017 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Hub, 

Thanks for the update. 

We would like to let you know that our current dashboard architecture is written based on SQL engine for the purpose of providing dynamic data operations in dashboards. So for the Non-SQL type database like file (excel, CSV) , JSON and Web API, our application extracts the data from corresponding source and put it into SQL type database.  Because it is not possible to do dynamic data operations by  querying the Web API source directly. So we must use Data Agent and SQL database as intermediator between our dashboard application and Web API. 

Below diagram explains the data flow between Web Service and Dashboard designer. In dashboard designer, while connecting to a Web API, our application logic extracts the data from source  and put it into an in-memory SQL database for further operations (Designing dashboard) and It happens during the connection initialization. 

Below diagram explains the data flow between Web Service and published dashboard in Dashboard Server. In this, Data Agent is used to extract the data periodically from Web service based on schedules and then pushes the data to target SQL database for dynamic dashboard operations.  

Please read our documentation for more details: 

Regards, 
Sabapathy K. 

HU Hub May 19, 2017 12:55 PM UTC

I got it. Thank you for detailed explanation.

SA Sindhu Arul Syncfusion Team May 22, 2017 12:16 PM UTC

Hi Hub, 

Thanks for the update. 

Please let us know if you require any further information. 

Regards, 
Sindhu. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon