We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DocIO Merge Fields and IF statement

Hello,

I'm trying to implement an IF statement in a Word document but it doesn't seems to work.

I tried many format for the IF statement but  none ot them work.

I attached a simple test project, with a readme.

Can DocIO for Android support IF statement (nothing in the documentation says the contrary).

Another question : How can i display a Word document in my own application with Xamarin.Android ?
Is there a Word viewer ? Can i convert Word document to HTML in Xamarin.Android ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Best regards,

Benjamin
Attachment: TestSyncfusionDocIO_2_238a0b94.zip

3 Replies

SY Sethumanikkam Yogendran Syncfusion Team May 12, 2017 10:03 AM UTC

Hi Benjamin

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Can DocIO for Android support IF statement (nothing in the documentation says the contrary).
Yes, DocIO supports IF statement in Word document, as well as supports to update IF statements (fields) in the Word document using UpdateDocumentFields API . Please refer below UG links to know more about working with IF field and fields updation.
Working with IF field
Updating fields

On further analyzing with the given details, IF statements are not updated after Mail merge performed. Kindly use UpdateDocumentFields API to get the updated result of IF statement.

How can i display a Word document in my own application with Xamarin.Android ?
Is there a Word viewer ? Can i convert Word document to HTML in Xamarin.Android?

Currently DocIO doesn’t have Word document viewer in the Xamarin platform. However, we have added it to our feature request list and we don’t have any immediate plans to implement this feature. It may be implemented in any of our future releases.

But DocIO supports viewing the generated Word document as HTML in Xamarin. We have prepared the sample to meet your requirement, as a work around and attached the same for your reference. Try running the sample and let us know whether it helps you.

Sample link

Note: Please refer the DocIO code snippets in the “WordToHTML.cs” file and WebView codes in “WebViewActivity.cs” file from “\Samples\DocIO” folder inside the sample.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Sethumanikkam.Y

BE Benjamin May 16, 2017 09:49 AM UTC

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

Our problems are solved, thanks again.

Best regards,

Benjamin

SY Sethumanikkam Yogendran Syncfusion Team May 18, 2017 05:24 AM UTC

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for your update.

We are glad to know that your issue has been fixed.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. We are happy to assist you as always.

Regards,
Sethumanikkam.Y

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon