We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

[GridColumnSizer.ResetAutoCalculationforAllColumns] Performance Issues With Large DataSets

I can implement paging, but it seems to me, it should find the largest item in a column, then resize the column. Not check / the cell size for the column 8,522 times.

Utilizing a modified ObservableCollection, that allows AddRange, instead of just Add, as the DataBinding.

/// <summary> 
    /// Represents a dynamic data collection that provides notifications when items get added, removed, or when the whole list is refreshed. 
    /// </summary> 
    /// <typeparam name="T"></typeparam> 
    public class ObservableRangeCollection<T> : ObservableCollection<T>
    {
        /// <summary> 
        /// Adds the elements of the specified collection to the end of the ObservableCollection(Of T). 
        /// </summary> 
        public void AddRange(IEnumerable<T> collection)
        {
            if (collection == null) throw new ArgumentNullException("collection");

foreach (var i in collection) Items.Add(i);
            OnCollectionChanged(new NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs(NotifyCollectionChangedAction.Reset));
        }

/// <summary> 
        /// Removes the first occurence of each item in the specified collection from ObservableCollection(Of T). 
        /// </summary> 
        public void RemoveRange(IEnumerable<T> collection)
        {

foreach (var i in collection) Items.Remove(i);
            OnCollectionChanged(new NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs(NotifyCollectionChangedAction.Reset));
        }

/// <summary> 
        /// Clears the current collection and replaces it with the specified item. 
        /// </summary> 
        public void Replace(T item)
        {
            ReplaceRange(new T[] { item });
        }

/// <summary> 
        /// Clears the current collection and replaces it with the specified collection. 
        /// </summary> 
        public void ReplaceRange(IEnumerable<T> collection)
        {

Items.Clear();
            foreach (var i in collection) Items.Add(i);
        }

/// <summary> 
        /// Initializes a new instance of the System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection(Of T) class. 
        /// </summary> 
        public ObservableRangeCollection()
            : base() { }

/// <summary> 
        /// Initializes a new instance of the System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection(Of T) class that contains elements copied from the specified collection. 
        /// </summary> 
        /// <param name="collection">collection: The collection from which the elements are copied.</param> 
        /// <exception cref="System.ArgumentNullException">The collection parameter cannot be null.</exception> 
        public ObservableRangeCollection(IEnumerable<T> collection)
            : base(collection) { }
    }

1 Reply

BR Balamurugan Rajaraman Syncfusion Team May 8, 2017 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Tristan 

Thank you for contact Syncfusion Support. 

We have checked your query “Performance issue while using GridColumnSizer”. We suggested you to enable the AutoFitMode property of the GridColumSizer  as SmartFit to achieve the better performance than before. If you still facing the same problem means kindly share the application or provide simple sample to reproduce the reported issue in our side. It will be greatly helpful for us to analyze further. 

Regards, 
Balamurugan R  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon