We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Implementing RotatedSpline series in sfChart

I am implementing a UserControl which is part of a medical simulation system.

The user is required to advance a cardiac catheter into the heart by 'dragging' on a slider - which will then advance the catheter on the Chest XRay (chart background).

The coordinates of the possible catheter tip locations are contained within a bound list of XY values.

I need to draw a 'smoothed' line ('SplineSeries') to represent the catheter and, because the path of the catheter is vertical, I must use a vertical chart.

I can achieve the desired result by modifying your SplineChartDemo_2012, but am not able to find the chart type 'RotatedSpline' when I try to implement it myself using sfChart. Implementing it as a 'SplineSeries' (without rotation) produces bizarre results.

I have attached skeletal working and non-working versions of the application. Your working version represents what I am trying to achieve.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Andy Pybus

Attachment: SPLINE_c26d0a0f.zip

3 Replies

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team May 8, 2017 01:10 PM UTC

Hi Andy, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We can achieve the RotatedSpline behavior in SfChart by enabling the IsTransposed property of chart series and it can be set as shown in the below code snippet, 

<syncfusion:SplineSeries x:Name="RIJSeries" IsTransposed="True" > 

Please find the output screenshot, 

We have modified the provided sample and it can be downloaded from below link, 

Sample: Spline 

Regards, 
Devi 

AP Andy Pybus May 8, 2017 09:06 PM UTC

Dear Devi,

Thank you for your (as ever) excellent assistance.

I had, in fact, tried 'IsTransposed' before, but somehow omitted it when I  'Inverted' the chart.

Your solution works perfectly.

Andy

SA Santhiya Arulsamy Syncfusion Team May 9, 2017 11:34 AM UTC

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update.We are glad to know your problem resolved. 

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Santhiya A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon