We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Multiple Selection in a cell

Hi, Is there a way to make a cell a combobox with two columns in the drop-down portion. One column would display the names and one column would be a checkbox for multiple selection. Please let me know if there is any way to do this. If not, what is the recommended way for handling multiple selection within a grid cell? Thanks, Sean

4 Replies

DA Daws April 19, 2004 11:34 AM UTC

I have found the GridListControl. Are there any samples for using this? Thanks, Sean >Hi, Is there a way to make a cell a combobox with two columns in the drop-down portion. One column would display the names and one column would be a checkbox for multiple selection. Please let me know if there is any way to do this. If not, what is the recommended way for handling multiple selection within a grid cell? > >Thanks, >Sean

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 19, 2004 07:17 PM UTC

Hi Sean, To have a checkbox column in a GridListControl, you have to subscribe to the QueryCellInfo of the embedded grid and set the cell type to check box. You can access the embedded grid as shown in this KB. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/10488.zip Here is a sample Regarding the multiple selections, GridListControl is basically bound to a datatable and if you select a row, the data in the column (specified as the valuemember) will be displayed in the cell when you close the combobox. If you have multiple selections, what do you want to have in the cell text? If you are looking in this line, please take a look at the \Grid\Samples\In Depth\DropDownFormAndUserControlSample that shows how you can have a dropdown form and you can customize it to have multiple selections. Regards, Jay N.

DA Daws April 20, 2004 09:49 AM UTC

Jay, Thanks for the samples. But there are a couple things that don''t make sense. 1. I can''t update the checked state of the checkbox by clicking on it. 2. I can''t keep the drop-down visible in order to select multiple items. Is there a better control for handling multiple selection from inside a grid cell. Thanks, Sean >Hi Sean, >To have a checkbox column in a GridListControl, you have to subscribe to the QueryCellInfo of the embedded grid and set the cell type to check box. You can access the embedded grid as shown in this KB. >http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/10488.zip > >Here is a sample > >Regarding the multiple selections, GridListControl is basically bound to a datatable and if you select a row, the data in the column (specified as the valuemember) will be displayed in the cell when you close the combobox. > >If you have multiple selections, what do you want to have in the cell text? If you are looking in this line, please take a look at the >\Grid\Samples\In Depth\DropDownFormAndUserControlSample >that shows how you can have a dropdown form and you can customize it to have multiple selections. > >Regards, >Jay N.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2004 02:07 PM UTC

Hi Sean, To acheive the desired result, you should try using a grid in a DropDown as shown in this sample. Grid\Samples\In Depth\DropdownGrid. To have the desired look like GridListControl, please refer this KB article. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10401 Regards, Jay N.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon