We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Getting ColumnName from BoundDataGrid

Hi, Could anyone shed me some light on how i can retrieve information about what column (column name) i am looking at when i click on a BoundDataGrid?

8 Replies

SA Satish April 19, 2004 10:53 AM UTC

Use the following code to get the columnName. private void gridDataBoundGrid1_CellClick(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellClickEventArgs e) { GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell; int field = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.ColIndexToField(cc.ColIndex); string mappingName = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.InternalColumns[field].MappingName; MessageBox.Show(mappingName); } Thanks Satish >Hi, > >Could anyone shed me some light on how i can retrieve information about what column (column name) i am looking at when i click on a BoundDataGrid?

VL Vincent Lo April 19, 2004 11:39 AM UTC

Thanks! what should i do if i have got 2 GridHierarchyLevel of data? How can i recogize which hierarchy does that row belongs to? Since the dataGrid''s binder only binds to root hierarchy?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 19, 2004 10:09 PM UTC

You can get the GridBoundRecordState object for the given row using GridBoundRecordState rs = this.grid.Binder.GetRecordStateAtRowIndex(rowIndex); The GridBoundRecordState has a LevelIndex property.

VL Vincent Lo April 20, 2004 06:21 AM UTC

Thanks, I am able to know which hierarchy i am in but how i can get the underlying dataRow from this info? In my cell_click I have got this piece of code: CurrencyManager cm; GridBoundRecordState rs = gridBinder.GetRecordStateAtRowIndex(e.RowIndex); cm = (CurrencyManager) this.BindingContext[this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataSource, this.dataSet.Tables[rs.LevelIndex].TableName]; DataRow dr = ((DataRowView)cm.Current).Row; GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell; int field = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.ColIndexToField(cc.ColIndex); string mappingName; if (rs.LevelIndex == 0) { mappingName = ghlMkt.GridBoundColumns[field].MappingName; } else { mappingName = ghlMktSub.GridBoundColumns[field].MappingName; } Console.WriteLine(mappingName+" "+ dr[mappingName].ToString()); >You can get the GridBoundRecordState object for the given row using > >GridBoundRecordState rs = this.grid.Binder.GetRecordStateAtRowIndex(rowIndex); > > >The GridBoundRecordState has a LevelIndex property.

VL Vincent Lo April 20, 2004 06:21 AM UTC

Thanks, I am able to know which hierarchy i am in but how i can get the underlying dataRow from this info? In my cell_click I have got this piece of code: CurrencyManager cm; GridBoundRecordState rs = gridBinder.GetRecordStateAtRowIndex(e.RowIndex); cm = (CurrencyManager) this.BindingContext[this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataSource, this.dataSet.Tables[rs.LevelIndex].TableName]; DataRow dr = ((DataRowView)cm.Current).Row; GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell; int field = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.ColIndexToField(cc.ColIndex); string mappingName; if (rs.LevelIndex == 0) { mappingName = ghlMkt.GridBoundColumns[field].MappingName; } else { mappingName = ghlMktSub.GridBoundColumns[field].MappingName; } Console.WriteLine(mappingName+" "+ dr[mappingName].ToString()); >You can get the GridBoundRecordState object for the given row using > >GridBoundRecordState rs = this.grid.Binder.GetRecordStateAtRowIndex(rowIndex); > > >The GridBoundRecordState has a LevelIndex property.

VL Vincent Lo April 20, 2004 06:22 AM UTC

ghlMkt is the parent GridHierarchyLevel, ghlMktSub is the child GridHierarchyLevel

VL Vincent Lo April 20, 2004 07:02 AM UTC

Thanks, I have solved it using the following code GridBoundRecordState rs = gridBinder.GetRecordStateAtRowIndex(e.RowIndex); CurrencyManager cm = (CurrencyManager) this.BindingContext[this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataSource, this.gridDataBoundGrid1.DataMember]; DataRowView drv = (DataRowView) cm.Current; DataRow dr = drv.Row; if (rs.LevelIndex > 0) { dr = dr.GetChildRows(mDataSet.Relations[0])[rs.Position]; } GridCurrentCell cc = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell; int field = this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.ColIndexToField(cc.ColIndex); string mappingName; if (rs.LevelIndex == 0) { mappingName = ghlMkt.GridBoundColumns[field].MappingName; } else { mappingName = ghlMktSub.GridBoundColumns[field].MappingName; } Console.WriteLine(mappingName+" "+ dr[mappingName].ToString()); } catch (Exception er) { Console.WriteLine(er.Message); } Could you advise if such code could be simplified a bit?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2004 04:16 PM UTC

The GridBoundRecordState has a reference to the Table and the position of the record in this table. So, you might try code like: DataRowView drv = rs.Table[rs.Position] as DataRowView; to see if that gives you what you want. (I think the returned item is a DataRowView but you could check its type to see if something else is being returned in your case.)

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon