We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Appointments until next day not rendered correctly

Hi,

i want to populate the SfSchedule with appointments until the next day. The appointments do not get rendered correctly, the event is only displayed in one cell (not until the next day).
I have provided a sample project with the issue. Do i have to implement it in another way? Are appointments until the next day supported?
It looks like below (in Android), the appointment should last until May the 4th:

Attachment: test_23ec0653.zip

7 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team May 4, 2017 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Tom, 

As of now the mentioned multiday Appointment support is not available in Schedule Xamarin Forms, we have already considered to implement this feature. We will implement and include this support in our upcoming Volume 2 SP1 release which is expected to be available by end of this month May, 2017. 

Regards,   
Subburaj Pandian V   

PA Paul Angerer June 1, 2017 02:46 PM UTC

Hi!

Did the multiday appointment support make it in the Volume 2 SP1?
I couldn't find it in the release notes.

Regards,
Paul

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team June 2, 2017 01:48 PM UTC

Hi Paul, 

We apologize for the delay. 

Currently we are working on this implementation, as it requires certain architectural level changes, it takes more time than the expected one for the mentioned implementation and also it is need to be tested under various scenarios. We will include this issue fix in our upcoming vol2 sp2 release, which expected to be rolled out by end of this month. 

Regards, 
Sivakumar P 

PA Paul Angerer July 3, 2017 04:35 PM UTC

Hi!

So I guess it didn't make it in the vol2 sp2 release, when can we expect the multiday appointment support?

Regards,

Paul

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team July 4, 2017 02:11 PM UTC

Hi Paul, 

We regret for the inconvenience caused.  

Currently we are working on this with high priority and we have planned to provide certain improvements in spanned appointment. We have also consider to modify the spanned appointment rendering behavior as per Google Calendar. And we have planned to include this feature in our upcoming volume release itself, which is expected to be available by the end of July. We appreciate your patient until then.  

Regards,  
Sivakumar P  

PA Paul Angerer August 8, 2017 09:42 PM UTC

Hi!

I tried the new version 15.3.0.26 for solving my original problem at the beginning of this thread and failed.

The new spanned appointments (see Spanned Appointment Image), as shown on the syncfusion help page of sfschedule, look promising for solving my problem but I couldn't reproduce the view displayed.

Could u send me an example project with a Spanned Appointment as shown in the help page (image linked above)?

Further in the help page it is also stated that a spanned appointment is an appointment which lasts more than 24 hours. Is it possible in the current version to create an appointment from e.g 4 pm to 10 am on the next day (lasts less than 24 hours) which is rendered in the same way as a spanned appointment?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Paul

SP Sivakumar Punniya Moorthi Syncfusion Team August 9, 2017 02:39 PM UTC

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have modified the rendering behavior of Schedule spanning Appointment in Xamarin Forms Android as in the google calendar. Currently we are working on this implementation in Xamarin Forms iOS as like Android, this implementation changes will be included in our upcoming Volume 3 SP1 release which is expected to be available by end of this Month. Also we have prepared the simple sample by add the spanned appointments to schedule and attached the span appointment rendering screenshot along this sample. Please find the sample link below, 

Sample Link ScheduleApp 

Please let us know, if you have any query. 

Regards, 
Sivakumar P 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon