We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Saving diagrams in MongoDB

Hi,

I'm building a M.E.A.N app and i need to save my hierarchicallayouts and swimlanes in MongoDB and i can't figure out how to do that.,
So If it's possible, how can i do that? 

Thank You

7 Replies

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team May 3, 2017 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Yasmine, 

Please use diagram’s save method which helps to serialize the Diagram as JSON. This JSON data can be converted to string and stored for future use. Please refer to the code example and help documentation. 

Code example: 
var diagram = $("#ejControl_0").ejDiagram("instance"); 
        //get the serialized JSON 
        var savedDiagram = diagram.save(); 
        //stringify the serialized JSON 
        var string = JSON.stringify(savedDiagram); 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

YA yasmine May 6, 2017 05:00 PM UTC

Hi,     I m new to all this so i find it hard to get it to work, so if i may get a demo or something more clear on how implement that in my code correctly and to serialize the Diagram.I would really appreciate your help..     Thank you, 

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team May 10, 2017 01:20 PM UTC

Hi Yasmine, 

We have created an Angular 2 layout sample in which we have shown how to get the JSON string from the save method. Now you can connect Angular 2 with MongoDB and save that string into the database. 

Please look into the below link to create a MEAN app. 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

YA yasmine May 10, 2017 05:23 PM UTC

Thank You So Much!

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team May 11, 2017 04:35 AM UTC

Hi Yasmine, 
please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Shyam G 

AL AliCharper replied to Shyam G May 27, 2017 03:06 AM UTC

Hi Yasmine, 
please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Shyam G 

May I know is there any possibility to have events on Digram?. I need to fire an event once client create a new Node for example. Then I can send the change to my backend service.

Regards
Ali

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team May 29, 2017 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Ali, 

Please use nodeCollectionChange event to achieve your requirement. Please refer to the code example below. 

Code example: 
<ej-diagram id="diagramCore" (nodeCollectionChange)="nodecollectionchange($event)"> 
            </ej-diagram> 

nodecollectionchange(e) { 
        alert("nodecollectionchange event triggered"); 
    } 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon