We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Trackball control skipping data points

I'm working with the SfChart control, ChartTrackBallBehavior, and a couple FastLineBitmapSeries and I'm having some weird issues with the trackball hovering functionality. It seems to skip intervals and not display the info for the data that I'm directly hovering over. Instead it has some predefined stop points that it seems to lock to. Below is a screenshot:

2 Replies

NS Nicholas Smith April 29, 2017 08:05 PM UTC

Found the underlying issue, with a larger swath of datapoints instead of a concentrated 2 hours of data, the trackball moves smoothly, it does not seem to adjust its intervals on smaller scales. The issue isn't resolved but I have found under which circumstances it does work.

DA Devi Aruna Maharasi Murugan Syncfusion Team May 2, 2017 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Nicholas, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

Regarding trackball closest point calculation 

Since we have displayed the ChartTrackball based on nearest point calculation, the trackball label will be displayed on the nearest x-values (x-values provided in items source) of current mouse point. 

For example, if the datapoints consist of 4 and 5 as x-values and if you are hovering the mouse over 4.49, then the trackball will be displayed on axis label value 4. If the mouse point is on axis-value 4.51, then the chart trackball will be displayed on x-value 5. 

ChartTrackBallBehavior for larger data set 

While using larger set of data, the datapoint are arranged closer. So, the chart trackball moves smoothly over the datapoints. 

ChartTrackBallBehavior for smaller data set 

For small set of datapoints, the distance among arranged data points are larger. So, the trackball does not move smoothly over datapoints and it is our current ChartTrackBallBehavior. 

The above mentioned are current behavior of ChartTrackBallBehavior. 
If we misunderstood you wrongly, kindly provide a demo sample with replication steps to reproduce your scenario at ours end and detailed information regarding the expected behavior. So, that it would be helpful for us to provide you a better solution. 

Regards, 
Devi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon