We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Wrong scroll positioning on incremental load

I have implemented incremental loading for one of my grid using an IncrementalList.  When the bottom of the list is reached if additional rows are available, a little view at the bottom is presented telling the user that more rows are loading, and and asynchronous call is made to the server that returns a new set of rows adds them to the IncrementalList and hides the view at the bottom.

This is working great. However, when the new items are added to the list, the grid scrolls in a weird way.  The list scrolls back up about 10 rows or so.  So instead of the previous last item still being at the bottom of the visible list, that row is scrolled up to the top half of the screen.  This sudden jerk of the new rows being added is jarring and a bit confusing to the user.  Is there a way to fix this behavior?

5 Replies

VP Vimal Prabhu Manohkaran Syncfusion Team April 28, 2017 05:50 PM UTC

Hi Clint,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. We have analyzed your query and we were not able to replicate the reported issue and is working fine for us. We have prepared a sample to achieve your requirement of fetching data from online servers when reaching the bottom. Please find the sample from the below link.

Sample Link : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/130205/ze/SfDataGrid_Demo-1356751296

If the issue persists, please revert us with a working sample which will enable us to serve you better.

Regards,
Vimal Prabhu

CA Clint Anderson April 28, 2017 06:02 PM UTC

I apologize, I just realized this was posted in the wrong place.  It should be for Xamarin.iOS that I was having the issue.

DD Dharmendar Dhanasekar Syncfusion Team May 1, 2017 10:27 AM UTC

Hi Clint,

We have analyzed your query and we were not able to replicate the reported issue in Xamarin.iOS too and is working fine for us. We have prepared a sample your requirement. Please find the sample from the below link

Sample Link : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/130205/ze/Incremental_Loading757073165.zip 

In case, if the issue still reproduce at your end, please revert us with a replicating sample which will enable us to serve you better.

We have also attached sample video for your reference you can download the same from below link.

Sample Video Link : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/130205/ze/Sample_Video1801658466 

Regards,
Dharmendar

CA Clint Anderson May 1, 2017 09:11 PM UTC

I was able to reproduce the problem in the sample you provided.  It appears that it can occur when using grid.QueryRowHeight += Grid_QueryRowHeight;  I used code nearly identical to the what was provided for me in a previous example for this.

Attachment: ScrollingDemo_947c9c52.zip

SS Sivaraman Sivagurunathan Syncfusion Team May 2, 2017 11:37 AM UTC

Hi Clint Anderson, 

Thanks for your update. 

We confirm that the issue “Wrong scroll positioning on incremental load when using QueryRowHeight” is a defect. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Regards, 
Sivaraman 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon