We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MaskedTextBox bug, lost Mask

Hi,

I found an issue with the Syncfusion.Windows.Shared.MaskedTextbox control. For some reason and in certain circumstances it lost the set mask.

I got the following declaration of the control in XAML:

<Syncfusion:MaskedTextBox Style="{StaticResource MetroTextBox}" Mask="00/00/0000" Text="{Binding Path=FechaTratamiento, StringFormat={}{0:d}, ConverterCulture='es-es'}"/>

The property "FechaTratamiento" to which the control is binded is a nullable DateTime.

If on the control I type the date 00/00/0000 and then remove it, the mask part of the last for digits dissapear from the control, not allowing to type a correct value after that (see the images).

Before: Editing: After:

Not only happend with the date 00/00/0000 as obviously is an invalid date but is the easier to check that the bug is there.

I'm using now the SfMaskEdit control that seems doesn't have this behavior but thought should make you aware of this bug.

Thanks.

5 Replies

PB Priyanga Balasubramaniam Syncfusion Team April 28, 2017 11:11 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have prepared the simple sample. But we could not reproduce the issue at our end with this sample.
Please check with the below sample if you can reproduce the issue please share the more information like replication steps or current version you are using or please share the issue reproducing sample.

Please download the sample from the below link. 
Sample:MaskedEditTestSample

Regards,
Priyanga B 

DG David García April 28, 2017 11:45 AM UTC

Hi,Thanks for the reply back,I have reproduce the exactly same problem in the example you have provided without change anything in the example. Just open it and run.I have open the example on Visual Studio 2015. The Syncfusion assembly version is the provided with the example, that is also the one I got in my computer is 15.1460.0.37.To reproduce the error I only fill the mask with 0 and then remove the charachters so the last part of the mask dissapear.Thanks.

VI Vinothini Syncfusion Team May 1, 2017 09:19 AM UTC

Hi David,  

Thank you for your update.  

We were able to reproduce the issue on our side and we have consider it as an issue. A support incident has been created to track the status of this issue under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Regards,  
Vinothini.R    

DG David García May 2, 2017 12:39 AM UTC

Thank you so much. Will stay tuned to the update on this issue.

PB Priyanga Balasubramaniam Syncfusion Team May 2, 2017 06:19 AM UTC

Hi David,

Thank you for the update. For further follow up about the issue please follow the incident, which has been created under your account.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,
Priyanga B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon