We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Trouble previewing a Dashboard

When I click on the "Preview" button in the Dashboard Designer, the widgets come up blank, and the page eventually shows an error at the top of the screen "Dashboard could not be viewed due to an error. Learn More".

The error presented shows the following:
---------------------------------
 Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardService.<>c__DisplayClass3eb.<FillRelationalDataManager>b__3cf(Table item)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
   at Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardService.FillRelationalDataManager(IEnumerable`1 dataSources, DashboardSettings xmlObject, String key, Boolean cacheable, String modifiedConnectionStrings, String token, String itemId, String reportId)
   at Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardService.InitializeControls(String action, String reportId, Object data, Object rangeData, String masterControl, String context, Boolean serverSideCache, Object filterParameters, String modifiedConnectionStrings, String widgets, String token, String customLanguagePath, String customCulture, String currentUser, String itemId, Boolean isPublic, Boolean isWidget, String widgetName, String widgetId)
   at SyncInvokeInitializeControls(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)System.ServiceModel.FaultExceptionErrorGeneral0-2146233087SenderErrorGeneralen-US
---------------------------------

In addition, the web browser's network log shows that the DashboardService.svc/InitializeControls URL returns a 500 error.   Attempting to access that service directly returns the following:

Method not allowed. Please see the service help page for constructing valid requests to the service.

Please me know if there is a way to fix this.  Thank you.

15 Replies

MK Mukil Karunanithi Syncfusion Team March 3, 2017 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Duran,   
Please let us know whether you are using web API as Data Source or not. If yes, this issue was fixed in the refresh build which was updated on Jan 19, 2017. Please download the refresh build from the link:  
If not, please provide additional information such as data source you have used and your system time zone.  
Regards,   
Mukil K.   

DU Duran March 3, 2017 05:14 PM UTC

I am not using a web API data source, all data sources in use are Microsoft SQL Server.
I am currently using version 2.1.0.2
My system's time zone is currently reported as "(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)"

Let me know if you need further information.

MK Mukil Karunanithi Syncfusion Team March 6, 2017 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Duran,   

We were unable to reproduce the issue. Please provide the error log file generated in the below location   
%appdata%\Syncfusion\DashboardDesigner\< DashboardDesigner version>\ErrorLog   
Also, send us the sample SYDX with accessible connection string, if possible, so that we can check and provide you a solution.   

Regards,   
Mukil K.   

DU Duran March 8, 2017 05:14 PM UTC

I have moved this to the Direct-Trac support system.

https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/incidents/174303

Thanks for your assistance.,

MK Mukil Karunanithi Syncfusion Team March 9, 2017 10:11 AM UTC

Hi Duran, 

Ok. Hereafter we will contact you through the given incident #174303. 

Regards, 
Mukil K. 

MF Michael Fletcher March 12, 2017 11:53 PM UTC

I have the exact same problem running in Azure. Was there a resolution to this issue?

MK Mukil Karunanithi Syncfusion Team March 13, 2017 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Michael, 

We are unable to reproduce the issue. Please share the following information 
(i)                  The version of Dashboard platform you are using 
(ii)                The Data source you are using.  
(iii)               The ErrorLog file generated inside the service root folder. 
 %servicerootfolder%\Errorlog 

Regards, 
Mukil K. 

GK Gregory Kohle March 15, 2017 10:38 AM UTC

Hi,

I encountered the same problem.
I´m using 2.1.0.2 and the datasource is a MS SQL Server.

Here is the errorlog:
Error Code:-2147467261
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardService.<>c__DisplayClass3eb.<FillRelationalDataManager>b__3cf(Table item)
   bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
   bei Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardService.FillRelationalDataManager(IEnumerable`1 dataSources, DashboardSettings xmlObject, String key, Boolean cacheable, String modifiedConnectionStrings, String token, String itemId, String reportId)
   bei Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardService.InitializeControls(String action, String reportId, Object data, Object rangeData, String masterControl, String context, Boolean serverSideCache, Object filterParameters, String modifiedConnectionStrings, String widgets, String token, String customLanguagePath, String customCulture, String currentUser, String itemId, Boolean isPublic, Boolean isWidget, String widgetName, String widgetId)
   bei SyncInvokeInitializeControls(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Regards,
Patrick

AR Anandaraj Radhakrishnan Syncfusion Team March 16, 2017 01:26 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, 
The reported problem has been reproduced at our end and we will get it fixed in our upcoming march end release. 
Regards, 
Anandaraj R. 

RB Ryan Bowman March 23, 2017 07:30 PM UTC

I just downloaded SyncFusion Dashboard Platform and am having this same issue.  Please advise on how you solved this.  I have the most recent version installed.  I copied my error text below.  I get the same error when trying to open the dashboard in the dashboard server also.  Thank you.

Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardService.<>c__DisplayClass3eb.<FillRelationalDataManager>b__3cf(Table item)
   at Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardService.FillRelationalDataManager(IEnumerable`1 dataSources, DashboardSettings xmlObject, String key, Boolean cacheable, String modifiedConnectionStrings, String token, String itemId, String reportId)
   at Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardService.InitializeControls(String action, String reportId, Object data, Object rangeData, String masterControl, String context, Boolean serverSideCache, Object filterParameters, String modifiedConnectionStrings, String widgets, String token, String customLanguagePath, String customCulture, String currentUser, String itemId, Boolean isPublic, Boolean isWidget, String widgetName, String widgetId)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)System.ServiceModel.FaultExceptionErrorGeneral0-2146233087SenderErrorGeneralen-US

US Umapathy Shanmugam Syncfusion Team March 24, 2017 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

We have created an incident and shared the meeting details. Our support engineer will assist you through incident. We request you to follow with the incident for further details. 

Thanks, 
Umapathy S. 

MF Michael Fletcher April 25, 2017 09:03 PM UTC

Hello, could you post the resolution for this issue. I am receiving the the error:

"The Dashboard service could not be contacted. There may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down."

I was able to view dashboards previously, but this error started after I published an existing dashboard.

Thank You.

MK Mukil Karunanithi Syncfusion Team April 26, 2017 10:50 AM UTC

Hi Michael, 

The exception “The Dashboard Service could not be contacted” is due to connection failed in service or when some other process using the service. So, 
(i)                  Please check whether the IIS is running. 
(ii)                In Browser Address bar, give “DomainName:PortNumber/DashboardService/DashboardService.svc” and ensure whether the service is running.  
(iii)               If you have enabled SSL for the server, then you need to enable the SSL configuration for Dashboard Service too. Please refer to the below link to enable SSL for Dashboard Service. 

Regards, 
Mukil K. 

MF Michael Fletcher April 26, 2017 01:59 PM UTC

I have verified the three points that you identified. IIS is is running, the web service is running at DashboardService.svc and SSL is enabled through the configuration tool. The only ports that are running in IIS is the port that was assigned when the dashboard server was installed (64159) and port 443.

I can see two errors listed in the log:

Error Code:-2146233033
System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.
   at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
   at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
   at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(String requestUriString)
   at Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardService.IsAzureReport(String reportId)

and:

Error Code:-2147467261
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardService.<>c__DisplayClass3eb.<FillRelationalDataManager>b__3cf(Table item)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

MK Mukil Karunanithi Syncfusion Team April 27, 2017 10:46 AM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Please share us additional information below, 
i) Which Data Source are you using?   

ii)Are you designing the SYDX report in Code view or Design view?   

iii) Are you publishing the dashboard from Designer or publishing directly in the Server?  

Regards, 
Mukil K. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon