We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to do recycled and retained views?

XF listview has option to set recycled or retained views. how dows sfdatagrid works? how can we implement optional?

5 Replies

PS Pavithra  Sivakumar Syncfusion Team April 26, 2017 08:26 AM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products. 

Our SfDataGrid by default will recycle the views there by reusing the rows and columns upon scrolling. It is not possible to implement optional in SfDataGrid.  

Regards, 
Pavithra S 

EM Emil July 31, 2017 05:48 PM UTC

Hi,

Does SfListView is using CachingStrategy="RecycleElement" like on XF ListView? or should we set it somehow? I couldnt figure it out.

thanks,

Emil

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team August 1, 2017 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Currently SfListView does not use caching mechanism but it is completely developed with UI Virtualization and Item recycling concept. It creates the element only which are in view on initial loading and while scrolling, we have cache the created elements and recycled it by updating only the BindingContext of the SfListView item which improves the layout performance and scrolling performance in each platforms. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

JT Jared Thirsk September 20, 2017 02:30 PM UTC

Is it possible to try disabling UI Virtualization in the listview?  I only have a few items and wonder if it will speed things up for me.

Right now, it is ok on some devices, but unusably slow on others.

My SfListView cells have a SfRating inside.

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team September 21, 2017 05:15 PM UTC

Hi Jared, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Currently, we don’t have support for RetainElement like Xamarin Forms ListView at our end. But we would like to let you know that, the SfListView is completely developed with UI Virtualization concept which creates the element which are in view on initial loading and while scrolling, we have reused the created elements by updating only the BindingContext of the item which improves the scrolling performance and memory consumptions in each platforms. 

However, the RetainElement feature creates a new instance for each items in the underlying collection which reduces the initial loading time and consumes more memory consumptions. Additionally, we need to provide the UI Virtualization concept in RetainElement also because if the underlying collection count is larger say 1000, then the performance bottlenecks will occur in real time scenarios when the user scrolls.  

So, could you please share the actual requirement and application scenario which would help us to implement the reported feature at our end better and update you an appropriate solution. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards,                                                                                                                                                                
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon