We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Adding Parameters

Hello, I'm Caner Mollaoglu,

I'm developing a schedule application with using Syncfusion. I'm using ReportViewer to show any reports in the project. It works properly. But there is a problem: 
I do not add any parameters to my reports. I read all information about reportviewer. I'm using Syncfusion Report Designer to create reports with parameters. I can show the parameters in my mvc project select one of them and click the view report button. But it doesn't work.

Could you please send me an mvc report viewer project with parameters?

3 Replies

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team April 25, 2017 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Caner, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

I'm developing a schedule application with using Syncfusion. I'm using ReportViewer to show any reports in the project. It works properly. But there is a problem:  
I do not add any parameters to my reports. I read all information about reportviewer. I'm using Syncfusion Report Designer to create reports with parameters. I can show the parameters in my mvc project select one of them and click the view report button. But it doesn't work. 

Based on the shared information, the report parameter are rendered correctly but the problem occurred when view report option clicked. The report evaluation based on the selected parameter occurs when view report option clicked, we suspect that the report evaluation failed due unsupported parameter related expression or code module used in Report items. So can you please share the screenshot/stack trace of the reported bug and RDL file to validate the mentioned problem at our end.     

Could you please send me an mvc report viewer project with parameters? 
For your reference, we have prepared a ASP.Net MVC sample with Report parameter and it can be downloaded from below location, 

Please refer the below UG documentation to create ReportViewer sample in ASP.NET MVC platform, 

You can obtain the complete ASP.NET MVC ReportViewer sample in below build installed location, 
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\version\ MVC\Samples\web 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

CM Caner Mollaoglu April 28, 2017 11:19 AM UTC

Hello,
I'm sending you my report sample project and screen images of report designer. There are 2 different parameters but they do not effect the report result.

Thank You.

Attachment: reportsmpprj_d758af51.rar

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team May 1, 2017 09:52 AM UTC

Hi Caner, 

On further analysis of the shared RDL file, you have not specified the query parameter to filter the Report data. Hence the Rendered data are not filter based on parameter value. SO we request you to specify the query parameter to filter the report data as shown in below screenshot. 

We have modified the shared sample and it can be downloaded from, 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon