We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Odd behavior with Appointments after month change

In my SFCalender, I am displaying events that are provided by the server for the list of visible days.  When the calendar first loads, from the constructor I make a call with something similar to:

fetchData() { 
DateTime start = this.VisibleDates.GetItem<NSDate>(0).NSDateToDateTime();
DateTime end = this.VisibleDates.GetItem<NSDate>(this.VisibleDates.Count - 1).NSDateToDateTime();
fetchData(start, end);
//returns dates from server
}

This creates the list of custom appointments and sets them in the calendar.  It works great when I do the initial load.  I also call the same method from my SFCalendarDelegate.DidMonthChange.  It loads the data from the server correctly, but the UI doesn't update when the appointments are set.  I either have to interact with the calendar (tap it) or rotate the device to make the UI update and show the dots.

Even more odd however, is I am getting issues where I can't swipe back to the current month.  I can load the calendar, and show my events for April.  If I swipe to May, my events load (but don't show.)  If I tap the calendar, I can see the event dots. Now if I try to swipe back to April, I see April for a moment and it will fetch the data for April, but then the UI will display May again.  If I continue to swipe to the left, it will keep moving me back to May. If I go to June (where there are no events scheduled yet) I can go back to May and then go back to April.

3 Replies

RK Rathana Kumar Sekar Syncfusion Team April 21, 2017 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Anderson,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue from our side and we have attached the sample which we have checked the reported issue. Please find the sample and video from the below link.

So could  please provide more information like modified sample which replicates the reported issue.It will help to provide appropriate solution on this.

Regards,
Rathanakumar S.

CA Clint Anderson April 21, 2017 04:25 PM UTC

I was able to recreate the issue by modifying the sample you provided.

Appointments load on the initial month (April). If you swipe to May, they load, but you must interact with the calendar for them to display.  Swiping back to April causes the appointments to load, but then the calendar switches back to May again.

Attachment: CalendariOSTest2_7ea7190e.zip

RK Rathana Kumar Sekar Syncfusion Team April 24, 2017 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Anderson,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We were able to reproduce the reported issue and have logged defect report regarding this.  A support incident to track the status of the issue has been created under your account.  Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

Regards,

Rathanakumar S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon