We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

What date/time does the current time indicator use?

We have a clients in multiple time zones throughout the U.S. and they interact with personnel who may be in yet another time zone. Therefore we have all times returned from the database in UTC than using moment we convert them to whatever time zone is selected. This works beautifully and the calendar is refreshed correctly whenever time zone changes, however we also like to use the current time indicator which does not appear to chance when time zone is changed (see attached screen shot). 

In attached you'll see that my local machine time (in Pacific Time) is 12PM and the indicator shows that, however when I change the time zone to Eastern Time the indicator is not moved to 3PM as expected. This can confuse our clients. What date can I access in the calendar to update the time zone so that the indicator will move to the correct position?

Attachment: ej_calendar_screenshot_4bafff24.zip

1 Reply

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team April 20, 2017 07:05 AM UTC

Hi Adam,      

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.   

We suspect that browser is not refreshed after changing the system time zone which could be the cause for the issue. Scheduler current time indicator is calculated as per the browser time and changing the system timezone will not reflect unless the browser is refreshed. 

Regards,   
Karthigeyan   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon