We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Swiping must be more responsive

Hi,

I'm testing SfListView Swipe feature but I'm not entirely happy with the results. The control is awesome but swipe responsiveness need to be improved.

I did some tests in my iPhone 7+ and compare with other apps (ParcelTrack and Microsoft Outlook) with Swipe similar features and I would like to share here hoping to help you improve this feature in near future:

1. swipe speed could be more slow and soft when you release the fingers from screen. When you swipe another item, hide the last one slowly;
2. the template should appear without resizing the image in it;
3. in a MasterDetail page the swiping is very hard to execute. See attached sample;
4. ResetSwipe method doesn't hide SwipeTemplate (See thread https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/129974/resetswipe-method-doesn39t-hide-swipetemplate);

Regards,

Jairo Marques

Attachment: Swiping_3_2603990.zip

7 Replies

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team April 14, 2017 11:42 AM UTC

Hi Jairo, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Query 1: 
Currently SfListView do not have support for “Item animation” by which you can achieve your requirement “Perform animation while swiping and resetting the ListViewItem”. We will considered this as feature request and added it to our feature request list, and the feature will be available in any of our upcoming releases. 
Query 2: 
When the Image is loaded with Grid in the SwipeTemplates and while perform swiping, the bounds of images are resized because of grid has automatically arranges the children based on the swipe distance, which we have layout internally and this is the actual behavior of Image while loading it into the Grid. 

Query 3: 
When SfListView is loaded in MasterDetailPage with AllowSwiping is True, the long hold gesture action with swiping enables the Master page and gesture press action with swiping performed over the ListView enables the ListViewItem Swiping and this is the actual behavior of SfListView. 

Query 4: 
We have confirmed that the issue with “ResetSwipe is not resetting the swiped item” is a defect and logged a defect report for this. The fix for the reported issue will be included in our upcoming 2017 Volume 2 main release which is scheduled to be rolled out by end of this month. We will appreciate your patience until then. 

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

JM Jairo Martins Marques April 17, 2017 02:22 PM UTC

Hi Dinesh,

thank you for your promptly reply.

About my questions, 1. and 2. Ok, I understand, but any workaround for item 3? I really like to have swipe in my MasterDetail page.

Regards,

Jairo Marques

MK Muthu Kumaran Gnanavinayagam Syncfusion Team April 21, 2017 04:22 AM UTC

Hi Jairo, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 
·       We would like to let you know that, when SfListView is loaded in CarouselView or MasterDetailPage with AllowSwiping as true, SfListView will behave like below.  
  • In iOS, when swipe suddenly carousel swipe is happened. If want to swipe ListViewItem, touch and hold on a item for some fraction of second (0.25 - 0.5 seconds) and then swipe.
  • When swipe on any Item, SfListView handles the touch and swipe the ListViewItem. 
  • After swiped on ListViewItem, SwipeView is loaded along with ListViewItem. Then, if swipe on SwipeView element, Carousel view or MasterDetailPage is swiped. Else, swipe on ListViewItem, SfListView handles touch and swipe the item as usual.
  • If swipe on Header, Footer or Group Header elements, Carousel view or MasterDetailPage is swiped in Android platform. But in UWP, first swipe on those elements will handled by SfListView itself, since unable to pass Manipulation to parent immediately and then second swipe will be listened by Carousel view or MasterDetailPage.

Regards, 
G.Muthu Kumaran. 

KA Karro February 15, 2021 03:06 PM UTC

Hello,
are there any workaround about the second query "the template should appear without resizing the image in it"? I have a vertical StackLayout which contains an Image at top and a Label at bottom, when swiping starts, the image will start showing up in small size then gradualy take the full size. For the text, the letters are taking the whole space (vertically at beginning) and as I swipe further they will come together in one line, which is not the expected behaviour.
So how to make the template size fixed and prevent its container (Grid) to resize it?

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team February 16, 2021 06:50 AM UTC

Hi Mohammed, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We have checked the reported query “how to make the template size fixed and prevent its container (Grid) to resize it” from our side. We would like to inform you that SfListView has support for smooth swiping using the Material design. You need to set the Visual as Material for the SfListView page.  

Note: When the Visual is Material, you need to set the BackgroundColor to ItemTemplate to show the slide swiping. 

Please refer to the following code snippets for more reference, 
             xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2009/xaml" 
             xmlns:sfListView="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.ListView.XForms;assembly=Syncfusion.SfListView.XForms" 
             xmlns:converter="clr-namespace:AccordionXamarin.Converter"  
             Visual="Material"> 

<!—SfListView with swiping here--> 

</ContentPage> 

The material design support for the ListView was available from the 2019 Volume 3 release. Please find the release notes here, 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

KA Karro February 16, 2021 10:15 AM UTC

Thank you @Lakshmi Natarajan, this did the trick!

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team February 16, 2021 10:18 AM UTC

Hi Mohammed, 

Thank you for the update. 

We are glad that our solution meets your requirement. Please let us know if you need any further update. As always we are happy to help you out. 

Lakshmi Natarajan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon